Thread: Next 3 Games
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 09.52:54   #1-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Next 3 Games

Well, its looking like the next 3 games will give us a true indication of how we are bedding in as a team, what we feel our chances should be and also a look at our rivals.

Grimsby away is going to be a very tough game. They are also unbeaten, played a game less and ahead on points.
I have concerns about what our midfield will look like tomorrow night. If we can be competitive in the middle i feel we will stand every chance of getting something out of it. A draw wouldn't be a disaster in this game and probably would be seen as a good result.
Though Grimsby seem to be scoring for fun, they also seem to be shipping goals so this could be a classic goal fest. Or 0-0.

Dagenham at home looks a potential banana skin. We struggled to put our authority against Woking who admittedly probably thugged us out of our regular gameplan.
I feel Dagenham will allow us to play more football and this could be an entertaining game. They are early pacesetters but that win at Stockport aside, i don't get the feeling they have set the world alight yet.
We need to be winning our home games and this is no different.

Then away at Stockport, our original biggest threats for the title. They have started poorly but that means nothing in this league. A big and hostile crowd expected, it will be interesting to see how this affects the players for both teams. If we start well, will their fans get on their players backs and crumble? if they start well, will we be up against it?
poor start aside, they are a strong team. They may be a bit toothless at the moment up front but they still have dangerous players in Madden, Reid and Rooney. Again a draw would be a good result here, but we could possibly get that much desired win.

Overall, out of these three tough games if we can come out of them with 5 or 6 points i think i would take that.