View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 12.19:30   #25-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
To expand on the drinks part of the email. A friend pointed out at the game that there was a4 piece of paper saying that Wrexham Pints [ draught ] was £4

Whereas then when the draught ran out the staff were passing off the bottles which is less volume as the same price. Would you be happy if say you were at a bar / pub and you got charged the exact same price for something that isn’t what you were expecting . That’s fine though eh ?

What have the wst done well?

*Took over the club and got it making money. I'd argue they weren't 'making money'. We spent only what we made. Which clearly wasn't enough in the end.
*Won the FA trophy. Think that was the team that won it...
*Got to another FA trophy final which wasn’t as good as first one of course. We don't mention that one..
*Got to the playoff final and on another day could of won it. But we didn't so not really an achievement of the WST, more of the team...
*98 point total in one season. Using a team built under previous owners on the whole
*2 FA cup 3rd rounds and on both occasions we could of got to the 4th round had it not been the last 15 minutes of stoke game and penalties of brighton replay game. Again, you can say what if for any game....I still don't see how this is a reflection of the trust running the club, more an on pitch thing.
*Secured a lease for the ground with Glyndwr. Thats a viable one
*Managed to obtain a full Welsh international game in a long time. And that
*Never in debt. See my earlier point. But we were never in debt (supposedly) but yet we squandered millions...
*Season tickets arrived without having to repeatedly queue up for them. Cant argue with that, although we had almost 4000 less season tickets..
*Merchandise arrived and didn’t have to wait long timescales after paying. Did they have to deal with such high demand though?
*Felt part of the club in regards to being able to drink in the cent / 1864 which you cannot now unless you wave your money around. Not really something you can laud WST with though, the approach now is more professional, brings money in and is pretty much how most clubs do it.
*Attracted music artists to the ground- notably Stereophonics x 2. Fair point. But the new owners haven't had a chance to do it themselves so can't compare.

Not bad for a supporter run club.
Answered your points with my opinions..