View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 15.33:11   #82-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I'm glad they are transforming the business into a 'proper' business, it certainly needs it.
A CEO is there to 'throw their weight around' provided it results in things getting done. You rarely get to be a CEO by being 'nice' and not ruffle any feathers.
And, although i realise they are volunteering due to their love for the club and wanting to be involved, if its causing so much stress and aggro..just walk away!
They aren't getting paid for the stress involved.
Reading through this thread makes me wonder why anyone bothers supporting the club.
I was supportive of the Trust but not blind to the inadequacies of the model in that year on year due to inflation we would be continually worse off with our budget.
There was little hope of change in direction and the acquisition of the club by R & R at least gave us some hope.
Saying that, there is a case for the club to respond to the "Teething " problems we are experiencing and an acknowledgement of the complaints, particularly over ticketing and some sign that the issues are being addressed would be welcome. After all we had a system that worked perfectly well, Why change it.
The new CEO has had little impact to date in securing sponsors, Tic Tok, Expedia and Aviation Gin are a direct result of the R & R effect.
Running out of stock isn't a bad thing, It means that sales are above expectation. Hopefully a matter that will be addressed.
Gin. By all means buy it cheaper in Morrissons. It's a personal choice.
I am personally aggrieved that supporters in general are excluded from the Cent and the 1864 suite ( Though it still says 1873 on the sign above the door) as I used to use both facilities on match days. I now go to the Turf or Maesgwyn. Both must be making a packet from this club policy. Their gain is our loss. Why can't the club negotiate with the Uni to put a Marquee on the old Astro pitch to cater for fans and benefit the club?
Thankfully the product on the pitch is a hell of a lot better and will to a degree overshadow the Moans.