View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 16.29:13   #87-0 (permalink)
eosceiriog
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email to Fleur and Geoff

We do not have access to the complete picture but I do have some observations from several visits to the ground recently.

We must not confuse effort with efficiency. Some of the outputs are definitely poor.

Being a nice person and hard worker does not necessarily equate to a satisfactory individual output. They are useful attributes but not the sole attributes that will be required.

It is clear (and was to me for many years under the WST) that a significant shake up is required behind the scenes as it was on the pitch.

To do the necessary there inevitably will be blood and tears but hard decisions some times have to be taken to move forward.

I am not going to criticise Fleur because she is not liked by all her staff at present because given where she is starting from I would be more worried if someone posted she is a wonderful lady loved by all.

These niggles will be sorted provided all the processes are properly overhauled and staff fit for purpose are appointed to run them.

Another observation, we seem to have a lot of chiefs but possibly not enough Indians. Fleur, Humph. Les and so on. Is Fleur really calling the shots (without interference)?. Also I'm not sure what the responsibilities are for each of the chiefs?

We are not going to know exactly what is going on and to be honest we don't have a right or need to ( just as long as the football is improving !!!)

What I am pretty certain on is R&R will act if things are not in keeping with their nicey nice but hard nosed business acumen. How long they give the chiefs and PP to deliver their requirements is matter for them not us but undoubtedly they will not be happy with any downturn in attendances if things do not work out.

On the plus side, player recruitment and income streams, for example are now on a different planet. It can't all be done immediately.
Let's give them at least 12 months or so to get it together before descending into yet another depression. That is still cutting them a lot less slack than that given to the WST.