View Single Post
Old 15th September 2021, 09.11:16   #156-0 (permalink)
BuckleyDerbyRob
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Grimsby Reaction 3-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.gtfc View Post
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that last night and I did think that we deserved the win. Both teams looked decent in spells though and I reckon both will be up there come the end of the season.

That's the 3rd game on the trot now, we've won after going behind, I reckon we're going to let everyone score first.

We succumbed to the first rule of football for your goal "Play to the whistle" as we seemed to stop waiting for the referee to blow for a free kick. By the way, I thought that the ref was pretty poor last night.

Great equaliser for us but a free header for the goal that put us in front, and the 3rd came when you were pressing for the equaliser as we broke away, and Wright kept his calm to take it round the keeper to clinch the win for us. Not a bad turnout from your fans for a night game and best wishes for the rest of the season (apart from when we visit The Racecourse obviously).
All good points Les and agree that you deserved the win.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day, until your equaliser of course and it was great to be in a fullish ground with two sets of proper supporters.

I didn't think we were as bad as some are making out on here and that both teams had decent spells - though it is taking us longer to gel and our midfield has its obvious problems. Very impressed with the way you gave everything for each other and Hunt and Tower stood out for me. Do you reckon you will be able to keep them on lian after January? Hope not

Anyway, all the best and let's hope we get another good game in the return - with a different result of course!