View Single Post
Old 15th September 2021, 09.52:52   #27-0 (permalink)
benwilliams
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncfc View Post
We had Ben Tozer for a number of years, and then didn't renew his contract because he is - at best - an average League Two player.

Don't get me wrong, he will be very good at National League level, but don't be surprised if he gets turned inside out by nippy attackers. Obviously you guys could afford to do it, so no problem, but spending the rumoured £200k on him is just willy waving - there are far better players available for next to nothing.

As for Mullin, the facts back up what I said. He has had one prolific season in a career spanning eight years. Again, I'm sure he'll be very good at this level, but the point again is that throwing huge money at players like this isn't going to be enough to guarantee promotion. They aren't so much better than other players down here that they will win games on their own.
I think sadly a lot of this is correct. Is it better to have 3 really good players and 8 average ones or 10/11 good ones who work as a team? Early days and no need to panic but last night was a set back no doubt.
Posted via mobile theme