View Single Post
Old 15th September 2021, 13.58:42   #38-0 (permalink)
Birdy
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Buy big or we stay where we are...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
Whilst we know that this team will need time to gel and after a few more games I am sure that we will see much more cohesive performances, but many of us on here have been saying for some time that a centre midfield general is desperately required to give us some steel and link up play from the defence through to the front two, someone to run the show in the middle of the park.....like Callum Guy! We all saw it and we would hope the manager and assistant recognised this too.....I think we had every intention of getting our midfield general before the transfer deadline but were priced out of the deal by Carlisle's over expectations and were held to ransom on deadline day and we left it on the table in favour of a January acquisition. Thank goodness we didn't panic and just threw the net over whoever was available late in the day. Problem now is whether the existing midfield players we have can cut the mustard sufficiently well enough to grind out enough points to make sure that we are still in the hunt come January? I believe that James Jones definitely is and Jordan Davies is as well, but I have my doubts about Young in that sitting central role as he lacks the discipline and physicality required and is too easily pushed off the ball. May be worth a try relieving him of the extra stresses of being the captain as he hasn't been the same player since he was given the responsibility? David Jones isn't the answer I don't know why we signed him in the first instance, the guy is one paced and its not fast and his "experience" was in short supply on Saturday when it was needed. We have also got to question Redmond's intro last night with so little first team game time and Jarvis isn't the type of midfielder we need to pull the strings either. Personally I think we will be better off if we tried to mould Young, Davies and Jones into a set up that better suits their abilities until we can get the man we need, rather than try to play a defender in that pivot midfield role as its probably one of the most difficult positions on the pitch to convert a player to. Have faith in the team and management and all will be well in due course!
Ouch my eyes