View Single Post
Old 15th September 2021, 22.52:51   #14-0 (permalink)
MichaelP
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Default Re: The Hotel Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teifi Red View Post
Ok, I’ll bite. What percentage of games have we won, drawn or lost over the last 15 years after staying overnight. I’ve picked 15 years as it’s the one you used in your original post. Be interesting to see your stats on it.
It’s not about biting. I haven’t gone out of my way to provoke an argument. It’s just something I have noticed. It’s neither a dig at the pre wst days / wst days / new regime takeover.

It doesn’t matter what era you take i am sure that more often than not we have lost when we have had an overnight stay. Yes of course we have won and drawn games we have stayed overnight. I am not saying that 100% of times when we have stayed overnight it has ended in defeat. My personal feeling is when I have found out we have booked overnight I have thought oh here we go again!

One game which stays in my mind all those years ago was when we booked overnight for Hereford away - Brian Little season. Which I don’t need to tell anyone how that game ended and resulted in.

The money granted in grand scheme of things isn’t a lot. Yes of course £15,000 would be more noticeable in a wst budget than a R & R budget.

It’s more the success rate of staying overnight.

I have spoken to players from past who have said that a lot of time when spending overnight it used to be a lot of twiddling thumbs , you couldn’t go out and have beers as maybe you could do in the 70s / 80s and early 90s.

You have a meal go to bed. And then prepare following day. The home comforts are missed.

Would it be worth Trialing say the next noticeable large distance away game Aldershot which is a Saturday and travelling up early in morning and seeing what players feedback but more importantly the performance and result.