Thread: Starting 11
View Single Post
Old 17th September 2021, 21.57:04   #34-0 (permalink)
Nightmancommeth
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts
Twitter: @

Default Re: Starting 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmancommeth View Post
Lainton - class for this level, unfortunately has injury issues, would no doubt be playing higher if he consistently played and didn’t have injuries or potential injuries casting doubt in his mind, i.e commanding the area with set pieces or committing forward to cut out earlier chances. Reckord - Abit of a scapegoat to be honest. We’ve had decent attacking LBs with Ashton, Jennings and at first, Newton(yes he lost his bottle pretty fast and went shite towards his tenure) but from what I’ve seen in person, Reckord is steady and solid. Won’t concede many down his side but won’t create too many either unless he has a creative option in front, which is harder with 5/3/2. Hayden - Quality. Seams to be facing the harsh reality of defending against 6ft6 shithouses with more scrapping attributes than footballing pedigree but I’m sure he will stand out sooner than later as you can tell he’s a cut above. Tozer - Men of men, proper leader. Screams captain and probably would have been if we signed him before announcing Young as it. Should be in League 1 atleast with his ability to lead and read the game. If we can implement his throws into our game plan properly then we have a real weapon on our hands, IF. Lennon - Many people doubted the lad when he came in, rightly so to be fair, with his injury record. But obviously, the people behind the scenes had an idea of the role he will play(3 at the back with Brisley/Cleworth to replace when required. I think the back 3 will be Hayden Tozer and Brisley towards the end of the season, but Lennon clearly has the class to play higher. It’s a shame with injuries as he probably won’t get a full season for a long time. Looked shakey at first but he was back from injury. Looked class the games after, more confident/settled? Will require time to become a full season starter but definitely has the potential if he stays injury free. French - has made RWB his own to be fair. Class act, frustrated at the lack of game time last season and rightly so. Will be hard to drop for RHJ. I’d even jiggle the formation slightly to fit both personally, with RHJ attacking prowess and French’s athleticism and defence capabilities. Young - I want Young to prove everyone wrong and show why he’s been picked as captain. Capable player but definitely doing a role that doesn’t do his justice. The lad has a rocket of a shot and a decent engine, however, can come across slightly erratic and almost trying to do too much in the defensive role. Davies - Can look like a world beater one game and be Casper the ghost the next. Obvious talent and worth building a team around to accommodate his strengths. Brighton wouldn’t have signed him if they didn’t see a player in him. Needs to find consistency and confidence to play against the ugly teams. He will skin them alive if he can find those two components. James Jones - Hard one to judge as I have only seen the few games he’s played in the Wrexham shirt. Seams to always stand out in a disoriented/bypassed midfield. Seams to know where the net is and can pick out a creative pass. Is he too similar to Young in the style of play? I think all three would flourish if one was dropped for that illustrious holding midfielder that seams to of passed us by again. Hyde - Class. So strong and was the obvious candidate to partner with Mullin. Hold up play is decent and can also score. Will hit 15 atleast this season. Remember the days of holding forwards who couldn’t score (the Drewe Broughtons, Mark Becks, well, those couldn’t even play football but you get the idea, too many too mention). Mullin - Absolutely class. Everything he touched is magical and we must simply build the team to have him at forefront of everything. Reminds me of a better Andy Mangan . Phil Parkinson - has built a class team and his name has obviously aided the signings of some big names(or was it the money and/or Les Reed). Can get results and build really solid looking teams without the thrills. Seams a cut above our conference managers of the past, but have we signed the right style of players to match his style of play. I hope so.
My bad for the lack of layout/format!