View Single Post
Old 18th October 2023, 11.46:05   #2-0 (permalink)
Red Dragons AFC
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welcome to Wrexham S2 E9: "Glove Triangle"

I was surprised they went right to the injury up top and didn't really get into Lainton replacing Howard before that - especially given the episode title - they just made it sound like it was due to him being healthy where even I know there was a bit more to it than that. Then again since Howard's such a good bloke I don't mind them glossing over that swap, especially since they did already show his pivotal mistake (in passing) during the last episode.

I was disappointed they didn't really get into HOW Ben Foster became an option and some of the behind the scenes discussion, I didn't find out one thing I didn't already know about it - particularly the Howard stuff though I do like that their relationship got key billing. Howard's a good guy and I'm glad he got enough gametime this year to prove he can still play if he does want to move on and be a #1 for someone else before going onto the retirement phase.

I do think in general it was pretty well done and very enjoyable. I almost can't get enough of Fozzy because he's such a personality. That whole cameo did wonders for his post-playing career, which was already fairly lucrative. I'm one of the many people who obviously didn't follow the Premier League too much and was like 'wow, who is this guy they're dragging out of retirement?' when he first signed so he found a new audience beyond the hardcore PL fans who already knew him.

But no as much as I love Fozzy he's not Tom Brady. More like Ryan Fitzpatrick signing with a CFL or USFL team.