View Single Post
Old 19th November 2023, 18.41:30   #9-0 (permalink)
Philcounty1883
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Away stand

Default Re: What do we still need to seal the deal?

I've not seen much of you apart from the one game and some highlights but based on our experiences, I'd say the key is signing versatile players that allow you to change systems during the game and find different ways to win. It will also stand you in good stead for L1. A Leyton Orient fan who posts on our messageboard said the biggest difference up there is that managers react quickly changing formations and tactics during the game.

We were overly reliant on one way of playing last season which was our undoing when we suffered injuries to the key components. Even if you're going well now, the final third of the season is very different for the form teams. It's only November now so the lower teams are more likely to have a go but later in the season you'll play against teams who are happy to play for a draw and they're very good at it. We've signed pace and ball carriers (Olaofe, Barry and Bailey) who can find their way through teams who sit in very deep but still have Wootton who we can go long to and use for his brilliant hold up play. I think we'll be looking to add more ball carriers in January particularly as it's unlikely we'll have Barry next season.

With my limited knowledge of your team, I'd say you need more pace throughout the team and some tricky ball carriers.