View Single Post
Old 20th November 2023, 11.34:52   #20-0 (permalink)
3pmsaturday
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham women v swansea

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
Its going to take time to compete and challenge for the title in the Adran Premier, but if they got top 4 in there first season back in the Welsh top flight is a huge achievement for a team that only reformed in 2018.

I don't think the answer is signing a bunch of half decent scousers. Focus on developing the young North Walian talent, taking the best players that emerge from other North Wales teams and encourage talented players back into the Welsh system.

The whole Adran Premier, North, South and u19s system is in its third season. It will grow and get stronger and soon be a better more attractive option for welsh players that tier3/ in the English pyramid.
The FAW has recently started funding a system for elite woman's football in Wales. There are 50 ish 'huddle' centres, where young girls can turn up and play,, emphasis on fun and learning some footy skills. There is one operated by the club at Colliers (used to be a Thursday night) open to all. Then there are 8 I think development centres in Wales, one operated and funded again by the club. There's also one up on the coast and others spread across the entire country. You have to trial and be selected. From these development centres the most promising players are put forward to trial for the 2 FAW academies. One in the North based at colliers and one in the South, again chosen by trial. These centres offer training twice a week (5 hours in total) and from U14 a weekly day release from school to learn and train. From U14 they take part in the FAW academy boys league playing TNS, Airbus etc. The pathway from there is the national team which starts at U15.

It's a great system and it works. My daughter started at Huddle sessions now plays for FAW Academy North and Wxm AFC. She's 11 so has much to look forward to in terms of high quality training and experiences.

Point being there is a system that is only a few years old so over time will yield players.