View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2023, 15.42:47   #1845-0 (permalink)
Pie-Face
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: League Two 23/24 Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
I’ll call bollocks on that.

Langstaff, McGoldrick, Bostock, Jones and Gosling are all championship players and their wages will reflect that. I don’t really care if we do spend more than you but I’m not having your budget is on par with the likes of Morecambe and Wimbledon.
Don't shoot the messenger!

Of the players you mentioned, Langstaff had never played in the league before this season, Jones had been frozen out at Oxford after two serious injuries, Bostock had been without a club for months and was training with us to keep fit, and McG turned down much more money at Derby to join the club he supports. None of them will be on Championship wages. Gosling is just here few a few weeks to gain fitness.

LW did say in the forum that the reason we are able to afford players like McG, Jones and Crowley is that we have a relatively small squad, which was a calculated risk. Our director also said that the club were surprised at the size of other L2 clubs' budgets - they originally thought ours would be among the biggest, but in fact it has us upper-mid-table in budget terms.

Last edited by Pie-Face; 22nd November 2023 at 15.45:21..