RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Mansfield (away) Live Match Thread -
Page 3 of 5
<      1     2  3    4     5   >  

jon696920 at 14.55:20 on 21st October 2006 said:
the very least we deserve, moreso the fans that went today, is 45 minutes of passionate committed football. simply so we can salvage some pride out of this shitty mess.

jon

Hamilton Pathetic at 15.02:59 on 21st October 2006 said:
Received a phone call from my son at the match, he reckons it's one of the worst displays he's seen this seasons and he's been to most of the matches home and away. The players aren't trying, booed off at half time, 250 Wrexham fans embarassed. Both Mansfield goals went straight through the centre of the defence. Nevermind the excuses, this is our strongest possible side with the exception of one striker!!!!!!!!! I was prepared to give DS the benefit of the doubt but he has had long enough to turn the present slump around.

SE19 at 15.03:13 on 21st October 2006 said:
We start the 2nd half by changing to 4-4-2. Newby for Done.

baz at 15.04:33 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by SE19:
I think Smith's position will be untenable if we go on to lose by 4 or more. I'll take 2-0. That's how shit we have become .I'm hoping for a 2-0 defeat at Mansfield ****ing Town. Shameful! Absolutly ludicrous. Bastard.

I went on the Radio last week and although saying he wasn't beyond reproach, generally speaking, backed him. I would find it difficult to back him again this week unless things turn around.
Aaaah that was you was it? For what it's worth I think you're completely wrong because Kevin Russell will become manager and we'll finish 23rd for sure (amongst other reasons) but Denis has made decisions today that baffle me. How can he play Izzy on his own up front on Tuesday, watch him have a shocker, then pick him to do the same thing again because "he never stops running"? What has Roche done in his games to deserve replacing Mike Williams? In general, why not pick a cohesive 4-4-2 rather than pick the name players in whatever system he fits them in? He needs to take a look because he's making it easy for the critics who think that we'll improve with a prima donna like Ferguson as manager (or someone like that).

SE19 at 15.08:48 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by baz:
Aaaah that was you was it? For what it's worth I think you're completely wrong because Kevin Russell will become manager and we'll finish 23rd for sure (amongst other reasons) but Denis has made decisions today that baffle me. How can he play Izzy on his own up front on Tuesday, watch him have a shocker, then pick him to do the same thing again because "he never stops running"? What has Roche done in his games to deserve replacing Mike Williams? In general, why not pick a cohesive 4-4-2 rather than pick the name players in whatever system he fits them in? He needs to take a look because he's making it easy for the critics who think that we'll improve wit a prima donna like Ferguson as manager (or someone like that).
To be honest with you mate, I don't know what to think anymore. I love Denis Smith and so much loyalty towards him, but on the other hand, I'm seeing my football club getting raped every week, sitting pretty near the bottom of the football league. What am I supposed to think? I don't know any more - it's all shit. I never realised how good we had it under when we were 12th every season in the Second Division under Flynn.

SE19 at 15.12:10 on 21st October 2006 said:
Mansfield hit the bar.

baz at 15.13:18 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by SE19:
To be honest with you mate, I don't know what to think anymore. I love Denis Smith and so much loyalty towards him, but on the other hand, I'm seeing my football club getting raped every week, sitting pretty near the bottom of the football league. What am I supposed to think? I don't know any more - it's all shit. I never realised how good we had it under when we were 12th every season in the Second Division under Flynn.
What to think? Hard to say, and especially for me as I don't think we have a load of players who are patently not up to the job. But what we do have is a load of players of dingy competence who can't cope with letting a goal in. We've been dire away from home for two years so there's a mental block there somewhere. At home we've still been pretty good for most of that time (and two recent defeats shouldn't cloud that) so what's gone wrong? God only knows.

SE19 at 15.18:21 on 21st October 2006 said:
I look at the starting line up and it doesn't look too shit

Ingham - International Goalkeeper. Not the best, but by no means the worst

Roche - Probably one of the weakest players, granted.

Evans - He's probably lost 2 headers all season and made some great tackles. No pace, but then again, we are not playing Henry every week.

Morgan - Welsh INternational

Valentine - Arguably our best player. Excellent defender. Welsh International

Mark Jones - Super creative, best midfielder in the division. Welsh Internationl

Danny Williams - GOod enough for us in League 1 and good enough for us in League 2

Ferguson - Old, but still has vision better than many players in higher leagues.

Johnson - Ok. Weak link at the moment.

Done - Young talent but very fast and tricky. Good enough for League 2

Llewellyn - Good player, but not a striker.

So in conclusion. This team here is good enough to beat Mansfield on paper. No question. Reasons we are going to lose?

- No striker
- No money

Those are the facts.

- Poor coaching

Debatable

- Poor man management and motivation

Debatable.

If I was manager I'd probably pick that team with the exception of Llewellyn as a striker. So having no striker is why you can't score goals, so 0-0's then? No - the problems are trenched in elsewhere in the team cos we are shipping them at a rate of knots.

SE19 at 15.22:43 on 21st October 2006 said:
Mansfield hit the post. Defense "in chaos"

Page 3 of 5
<      1     2  3    4     5   >  

Mansfield (away) Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12