RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Mansfield (away) Live Match Thread -
Page 4 of 5
<      1     2     3  4    5   >  

baz at 15.23:56 on 21st October 2006 said:
On paper it's a pretty good line up. But out there it's ineffective. I hate to labour the point, but how is any kind of ball retention possible with it? With Llewellyn as the front man the ball will just keep coming back, leaving a defence constantly under pressure as no-one in our midfield can take players running through at them. Johnson and Done both have a lot of ability but they need two strikers to make their presence in the team worthwhile, as they will try to get past players, and either look for a target or they will lose the ball. Taking out Ferguson (sorry, but who else can it be?) and putting in Marc Williams (or usually Neil Roberts/ McEvilly) and I honestly believe it's a different game. All the more so if Roche is left out too (he's had his chance, I believed in him, but he's failing).

SE19 at 15.25:06 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by baz:
On paper it's a pretty good line up. But out there it's ineffective. I hate to labour the point, but how is any kind of ball retention possible with it? With Llewellyn as the front man the ball will just keep coming back. Johnson and Done both have a lot of ability but they need two strikers to make their presence in the team worthwhile, as they will try to get past players, and either look for a target or they will lose the ball. Taking out Ferguson (sorry, but who else can it be?) and putting in Marc Williams (or usually Neil Roberts/ McEvilly) and I honestly believe it's a different game. All the more so if Roche is left out too (he's had his chance, I believed in him, but he's failing).
So you ARE criticizing Smith?

SE19 at 15.26:27 on 21st October 2006 said:
Mansfield 3 - 0 Wrexham.

I've had enough.

**** OFF

baz at 15.27:53 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by SE19:
So you ARE criticizing Smith?
That's what I said in my first post here. I don't believe he deserves the sack for making that wrong decision though, as he's made enough correct ones to get a bit of grace. I would expect that with time (and the very least he deserves is the rest of the season) then he will change it. If not then he must take his medicine. Criticising Smith is justifiable, but I'd debate whether calling for his head is.

sparky at 15.28:22 on 21st October 2006 said:
If Johnson was not injured can anyone explain why Crowell was brought on ?

no1wrexfan at 15.29:43 on 21st October 2006 said:
20 goals in 5 away games

lets stand by smith tho

rochdale the team we lost to mid week losing 6-1

lets stand by smith tho

could be getting relegated

lets stand by smith tho

face it if we keep smith we are ****ed !!!!!!

SE19 at 15.30:05 on 21st October 2006 said:
That's what I said in my first post here. I don't believe he deserves the sack for making that wrong decision though, as he's made enough correct ones to get a bit of grace. I would expect that with time (and the very least he deserves is the rest of the season) then he will change it. If not then he must take his medicine. Criticising Smith is justifiable, but I'd debate whether calling for his head is.
I agree he deserves the rest of the season. However - where do we draw the line? We are going to be bottom or next to bottom at 4.45pm. Where do you say, enough? Last game of the season when we are relegated? Conference?

baz at 15.34:43 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by SE19:
I agree he deserves the rest of the season. However - where do we draw the line? We are going to be bottom or next to bottom at 4.45pm. Where do you say, enough? Last game of the season when we are relegated? Conference?
I suspect that if there is much more of this then he might decide he's had enough and walk away, so I don't think it will get that far. You certainly don't make decisions like this in October - and especially not if you are a chairman who has failed in his role far more than the man he would be sacking. This league is dire and a few results see us shooting up the table again, so you have to give the man who has achieved more than he should have the chance to turn it round. Certainly beyond new year. Bristol Rovers next week could be huge though for public and board opinion.

SE19 at 15.36:26 on 21st October 2006 said:
I suspect that if there is much more if this then he might decide he's had enough and walk away, so I don't think it will get that far. You certainly don't make decisions like this in October - and especially not if you are a chairman who has failed in his role far more than the man he would be sacking. This league is dire and a few results see us shooting up the table again, so you have to give the man who has achieved more than he should have the chance to turn it round. Certainly beyond new year.
Will you be standing by that if we lose every game until Christmas? Maybe with the odd point nicked once or twice? I don't have the restraint for that. A week is a long time in football. Last week I was ok to give him a chance, another 3-0 defeat and I can't bring myself to back him. This is shit man.

Page 4 of 5
<      1     2     3  4    5   >  

Mansfield (away) Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12