RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Mansfield (away) Live Match Thread -
Page 5 of 5
« First   <      2     3     4  5

the_holt_dragon at 15.38:02 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by baz:
That's what I said in my first post here. I don't believe he deserves the sack for making that wrong decision though, as he's made enough correct ones to get a bit of grace. I would expect that with time (and the very least he deserves is the rest of the season) then he will change it. If not then he must take his medicine. Criticising Smith is justifiable, but I'd debate whether calling for his head is.
So he can lose the next 10 games 5-0 and you think he should at least get the rest of the season to turn it around. He may be a nice mana nd he may be loyal but if he doenst turn things round soon then changes have to be made. Im not willing to give 30 games just because of loyalty.

SE19 at 15.40:35 on 21st October 2006 said:
Mansfield Town fans "We want 4"

baz at 15.40:46 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by SE19:
Will you be standing by that if we lose every game until Christmas? Maybe with the odd point nicked once or twice? I don't have the restraint for that. A week is a long time in football. Last week I was ok to give him a chance, another 3-0 defeat and I can't bring myself to back him. This is shit man.
How am I supposed to answer a question like that? It's hypothetical. I could say would you still be saying that if we roll Bristol Rovers over next week? This is far from a bolt from the blue so I'm perfectly happy to set a timescale on it. No offence, but you do like to post these things in the heat of the moment during/after games so it's not always easy to have a bit of perspective. If we do lose every game between now and then then he's in deep shit but right now that's not an argument you can use.

baz at 15.43:53 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon:
So he can lose the next 10 games 5-0 and you think he should at least get the rest of the season to turn it around. He may be a nice mana nd he may be loyal but if he doenst turn things round soon then changes have to be made. Im not willing to give 30 games just because of loyalty.
Another hypothetical. If things don't turn round soon he'll be in the firing line, but I'm talking about here and now, and talking about what will happen if X,Y and Z happens is not an argument that I can debate with because I'm not a clairvoyant.

the_holt_dragon at 15.47:35 on 21st October 2006 said:
I understand your point of view, iof we were losing by the odd goal I could see us turning it around but getting thrashed every week its hard tpo see things getting much better,

baz at 15.49:34 on 21st October 2006 said:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon:
I understand your point of view, iof we were losing by the odd goal I could see us turning it around but getting thrashed every week its hard tpo see things getting much better,
We aren't getting thrashed every week. We had two bad ones off the back of our great start, and this is the first time we've shipped goals since. But yes, I understand your point of view too!

Page 5 of 5
« First   <      2     3     4  5

Mansfield (away) Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12