RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Notts County (away) Live Match Thread -
Page 4 of 5
<      1     2     3  4    5   >  

T R at 16.59:34 on 18th November 2006 said:
NAME a manager who you would want to replace DS and is available

StattoWrexham at 17.14:24 on 18th November 2006 said:
That's the problem you can't just throw names into the air, there might be people who we've hardly heard of who could become available (number two's at other clubs for instance) and turn out to be decent managers!

Steve Bleasdale has just taken the Bangor City job presumably because he is desperate to get back into football at any opportunity, I am not saying he is a better manager than Denis but he's just managed in the Football League and has now dropped down to the Welsh Premiership because he is desperate for a job and to put himself back in the shop window.

If anyone has a list of out of work managers available I would like to see it because there are bound to be a few on the list who could do a job at Wrexham (keep us from the bottom end) whether they would come here for the money they would be offered is another story. Whether they could win another 20 games this season like Denis says he is going to do is another story. Whether they would be good enough to take us into the Championship is also another story

I think we need to give Denis until christmas because by then our injured strikers should be back and then we can fully judge the results. He's on shaky ground at the moment though with some fans, he needs to get results like everyone else. Then if he doesn't win another 20 games like he says he will do we can judge him!

wilbobisback at 18.19:33 on 18th November 2006 said:
Judge him when we've got some strikers! To try to judge him when we've had so many strikers injured & had Issy suspended is a joke!

StattoWrexham at 18.23:49 on 18th November 2006 said:
That's what I said, it's hard to judge while he's had two loan players up front because there is no one else, (although you could argue Marc Williams is worth a place ahead of Molango and Kevin Smith). Now Llewellyn is back and hopefully the magic threesome of Roberts, Mcevilly and Ugarte will come back soon, then if we still haven't won away from home then I would expect Denis to come under some pressure. You can't keep losing away games and expect to do anything.

To be fair though up until this season he's had four years of not being judged, how many years do we give? I just want to see Wrexham climb up the table and not listen to bullshit from the manager!

wilbobisback at 18.26:17 on 18th November 2006 said:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham:
That's what I said, it's hard to judge while he's had two loan players up front because there is no one else, (although you could argue Marc Williams is worth a place ahead of Molango and Kevin Smith). Now Llewellyn is back and hopefully the magic threesome of Roberts, Mcevilly and Ugarte will come back soon, then if we still haven't won away from home then I would expect Denis to come under some pressure. You can't keep losing away games and expect to do anything.

To be fair though up until this season he's had four years of not being judged, how many years do we give? I just want to see Wrexham climb up the table and not listen to bullshit from the manager!
I was agreeing with you mate!

StattoWrexham at 18.33:24 on 18th November 2006 said:
I wasn't sure

Surely with the strikers returning we will start winning games away!!!
There are still enough games to turn the season around, I would be delighted if we finish around 10th to be honest. The Play Offs are probably out of the question now in my opinion, we would have to win too many games to get there. First priority though has to be get enough points to secure our spot in the league as we are too near to the bottom for comfort.

wilbobisback at 19.36:45 on 18th November 2006 said:
I know! It's such a shame we've had ALL our strikers unavailable for so long! I honestly feel that we could have made an attempt at automatic promotion without all of them being out at the same time. Can't see there being a problem at the other end when they're fit though! Just have to settle for staying in the dungeon for another season.

welshwizard1872 at 19.52:40 on 18th November 2006 said:
Originally Posted by telford red:
NAME a manager who you would want to replace DS and is available
BRIAN LITTLE + LEROY ROSENIOR

StattoWrexham at 21.42:49 on 18th November 2006 said:
Brian Little's a decent manager but Leroy Rosenior not so sure! He did okay at Torquay but has gone 16 games without a win at Brentford that's why he got the sack.

Page 4 of 5
<      1     2     3  4    5   >  

Notts County (away) Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12