RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Swindon (away) Live Match Thread -
Page 5 of 15
« First   <      2     3     4  5    6     7     8   >   Last »  

baz at 15.23:17 on 13th January 2007 said:
Originally Posted by ActonRed:
Ferguson dropped to bench & Pejic captain - oh dear

What is the point in having Carey manager til end of season, after all, he's part of the coaching staff that has this season so far failed. By sacking two experienced people and not replacing them immediately with experience and fresh ideas is suicidal.
Fergie's been poor again this season, although I'm not such a lone voice in the wilderness this time though. Pejic has been one of our better performers. You are right about the managerial appointment though, Carey really should be number two at best, behind someone with real experience. But still, he's in so we have to get behind him.

ynysmonred at 15.26:22 on 13th January 2007 said:
Originally Posted by ActonRed:
Ferguson dropped to bench & Pejic captain - oh dear

What is the point in having Carey manager til end of season, after all, he's part of the coaching staff that has this season so far failed. By sacking two experienced people and not replacing them immediately with experience and fresh ideas is suicidal.
Please keep that for the forum - don't be bringing your negativity to the console please ...

wrecsam am byth at 15.28:10 on 13th January 2007 said:
Boston and Accrington losing, i'd say a draw away at Swindon would be a good result, however we need to keep hold of leads and ours didn't last 60 seconds, come on though !

cardiffred at 15.33:46 on 13th January 2007 said:
C'mon... putting them under pressure!

ActonRed at 15.36:26 on 13th January 2007 said:
Originally Posted by baz:
Fergie's been poor again this season, although I'm not such a lone voice in the wilderness this time though. Pejic has been one of our better performers. You are right about the managerial appointment though, Carey really should be number two at best, behind someone with real experience. But still, he's in so we have to get behind him.
Baz, the whole teams been poor, not just Fergie.
Pejic has been ok, still has his 'moments' tho, my point is tho, that if he doesn't fill the fans with confidence how is he going to instil confidence into the players. We all know his head can go very quickly if he has a bad time. He doesn't organize and is too quiet and doesn't lead by example. Without wanting to sound too critical, its just a crazy decision. Steve Evans & Chris LLewellyn are the characters that are leaders (or Fergie if he's not on bench)

I will defo get behind Carey tho, he's one of the best defenders we've had, it just ridiculous that we've offloaded a great wealth of experience to help get out of this situation (caused by lack of support from ND) and the net result is we are greatly weakened and ND has saved on two big salaries.

cardiffred at 15.39:02 on 13th January 2007 said:
Pejic just saved Ingham's blushes again.

gazw at 15.39:50 on 13th January 2007 said:
Entertaining game.

kingdai at 15.39:54 on 13th January 2007 said:
Originally Posted by sparky:
Shaun Pejic has been made captain.
unbelivable

baz at 15.40:31 on 13th January 2007 said:
I'm well aware that most of the team has been poor, but most of them get dropped from time to time, so it's no crazier to drop him than any of the others is it? All the more so as Fergie doesn't have enough in the tank for 90 minutes and could influence a game as he used to if given 20-30.

We have no obvious captain material without Neil Roberts in the team. I can think of a reason to not give it to any one of our players. Pejic can at least lead by example. I wouldn't knock Izzy or Evans getting it greatly but you could pick at them too, Evans for hot headed behaviour, Izzy for not being the type you'd take into the trenches.

Page 5 of 15
« First   <      2     3     4  5    6     7     8   >   Last »  

Swindon (away) Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12