RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

AFC Sudbury v Wrexham KO 7.30pm Friendly Live Match Thread -
Page 9 of 9
« First   <      6     7     8  9

Robins31 at 22.24:33 on 20th July 2010 said:
Looks a tidy ground & Club house too, fair play. Thanks for the coverage, especially the pics!

anglianred at 23.06:03 on 20th July 2010 said:
Got back to Newmarket a while back, but her indoors was hogging the computer.

I really enjoyed tonight, the first time in a long time that I've enjoyed a Wrexham game so much.
The setup there is really impressive, I'll certainly be looking out for their results this season.
I sent a jokey picture with me in the "hospitality area" but to be fair the bar area is a beauty, with a balcony looking over the pitch.
Covered seating on both long sides of the pitch and covered standing behind the goals.
I almost got a picture of the team sheet scribbled on Geraint's pad, but he was too quick for me and I missed it.

For forty minutes of the first half we weren't in the game, they were bigger, faster and stronger than we were, their workrate was impressive and they were pressing us high up the pitch giving us no time or space.
But in the closing stages of the first half we started to get the ball down and play it around and we nearly carved them open before we did eventually equalise.
At half time you'd have to admit that 1-1 flattered us immensely.
Considering they were the two most experienced players out there Keates and Smith were overun at times, just not "at the races".

Second half, and after some early pressure and some decent chances that they really should have put away they scored to go 2-1 up, and it wasn't undeserved. But then Smith was pushed back into a central defensive position (and was hugely impressive there) and our subs, number 7 (was it the other Moss?) and number 17 came on and really helped us control the game.
To be fair to Sudbury it might well have been that they were tiring and that gave us more of a foothold in the game, but we were well on top now and not long after the equaliser I said that "we'll win this" and lo and behold we scored the winner.
Lots of encouraging performances from the youngsters (sorry, not sure of who was who), but Rushton - after a dodgy opening spell - really got the pace of the game and looked impressive. Obi ran and made himself available and took his winner well - not that you'd think so given the look we got off him (!), the numbers 7 and 17 in the second half, Kai was solid at the back.
I've got to praise the young keeper too, Les told me that he's the YTS lad and has only been with us a week - I think we might have got a good one there!
In the end I think our fitness told - the Sudbury keeper admitted to us that "we're f***ing knackered" after the third goal - but there were a lot of positives for the Youth and Reserve coaches to take from that game.
Some negatives, Courtney Pitt didn't really impress for me and Dean Keates was anonymous to be honest (apart from his pinpoint pass for Obi's first goal), we looked better when he'd gone off - perhaps the young lads worked better with players they play with regularly?

All in all a really good night - you could walk around the four sides and stand where you liked, some good natured banter from the home fans who couldn't quite believe that we'd brought as many as we did, lots of good wishes for the coming season exchanged too.

Personally for me the highlights were
(1) chatting about the home kit with Brian Carey - I was wearing the millenium top (with the two white stripes down the side) and Brian asked if I had the new kit on. He said "we had a good team wearing that kit", we sure did Brian!
(2) talking to Les for a good few minutes in the second half and learning that Nat Knight-Percival was keen to come back to East Anglia to play in this game but isn't being risked due to a slight groin strain.
(3) Les introducing me to Gareth Owen's brother, who distracted Les and made him miss Nick Rushton's strike!

If Carling made pre-season friendlies...!

RPsms at 08.00:06 on 21st July 2010 said:
The following MMS Picture Message has just been received live via the RP MMS Service:

The above image is a resized thumbnail, click it for the original size.

Any RP'ers interested in being a match day MMS Picture Message reporter please get in touch with Rob via PM.

Rob at 09.37:15 on 21st July 2010 said:
Awesome work Anglianred! Great pics, texts and report!!

Page 9 of 9
« First   <      6     7     8  9

AFC Sudbury v Wrexham KO 7.30pm Friendly Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12