RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Wrexham v Preston XI Friendly Live Match Thread -
Page 8 of 9
« First   <      5     6     7  8    9   >  

Iesty at 21.38:13 on 28th July 2010 said:
So, back now after the game, like birdy this was my first pre season game so was my first impressions of the players.

was really impressed with what i saw. as mentioned in my updates, PNE were a VERY big team compared to us. i couldnt get over how small Keates was, and only realised how small sinclair was tonight when he was talking next to Maxi.

For their goal i was in line with the defence and their scorer (Mayer?) looked at least 3 yds offside. maxi was left with a 1 on 1 as a result and i thought he could have made a better effort at saving it but he did get a foot to it.

For the rest of the first half Wrexham looked comfortable on the ball and it was very 50-50 before we scored. Walker intercepted a sloppy control by one of their players, took it past half way and played it into Mazza (this is officially now his nickname as the players were calling it him, also Morrell was getting called Mozza) who did miscontrol it in the box but managed to wriggle through and prod a shot on goal. someone mentioned it may have been an og, it certainly took a deflection on its way in.

the game quietened down for the rest of first half and the second half was pretty much the same as the changes were getting rung.

Was impressed with the reception Rooster and Fergie got. suprised at the reception Morgan got. Preston didnt change their team around much, and first teamers that i recognized include St Ledger, Morgan, Callum Davidson, Sam Parkin, Gray. impressed with their numbers 6 and 8 whos name i didnt catch

Player ratings:

Maxi: could have done better on their goal but wasnt to blame for their player being allowed to play on. didnt have a lot else to do and was subbed on 45 - 6

Walker: Was immence. my MoM. has a tendency to drift in field and leave the wingers free. but knew how to tackle, good going forward - 9

Blackburn: Unsure on this occasion. showed some nice touches, but also some sloppy ones. skinned their forwards a couple of times bringing the ball out of defense. reminded me slightly of Evans when he first joined us - 6

Sinclair: for once didnt do a lot wrong. steady game - 7

Ashton: was good at both defense and attack. rarely made a mistake but looked tired when he came off - 7

Gall: looked pretty handy, some of his passing went astray but chased everything down and never gave up. fast too - 7

Harris: put himself around a lot and can see where the terrier comments have come from. was unlucky on a few occasions that he didnt get free kicks. will be good for us at this level - 8

keates: smallest player i have seen on a pitch. but has skill to compensate. very rarely did he not pass to a red shirt. lightweight in the tackle but again will be useful. also had captains arm band on. - 8

Nat KP: Andy Holt Esque. good challenging in the air. keeps possession well and has a good range of passing. will be a good player for us this season - 8

Morrell: looked like he will be a useful player. was busy but not too effective in first half. challenges for everything and i am sure Mozza will have a good season with us - 7

Mangan: looked out challenged when the ball was played high up to him but i dont think that is his game. chased everything down all match and was unlucky on a couple of occasions in the second half when PNE were tiring. also got a goal - 7

SUBS:
Shearer: didnt have a lot to do. good methodical kicking routine and good distribution. 1 vital save where he parryed with his chest and covered other shots that were close. will provide good competition - 6

Brown: quiet. had 1 shot from 25 yrds that went harmlessly over. we changed our formation to suit him but didnt work. squad player - 5

Hunt: did better attacking than defending but will be a useful player for us - 6

Tolley: saw him touch the ball once or twice i think. certainly didnt see enough to comment on his performance - 5

Cheesy: didnt see a lot of the ball but PNE took davidson off as soon as he came on - 5

Morton: looked handy. one for the future obviously and as someone mentioned played a lovely ball. not on long enough though - 6

Paulthered at 21.44:19 on 28th July 2010 said:
Originally Posted by davd29:
Right back was Declan Walker he had a great game. Hunt came on at left back second half.
Oops, i was mixing them up all the way through the game.

LlayDragon at 23.03:03 on 28th July 2010 said:
Most of the team played well tonight; as much as you can tell from a friendly anyway.

My only real concern is Blackburn; both last night and tonight he hasn't turned out to be the steady player I expected. He seems cumbersome and a bit sloppy with the ball.

Iesty at 07.49:22 on 29th July 2010 said:
just over 800 including PNE fans according to wrexham match report

dazb at 09.33:06 on 29th July 2010 said:
wasn't in wxm yesterday, so didn't catch the game. Thanks for all the updates guys (which i've just read through)

Pretty similar to what i saaw against Liverpool, by the sounds of it.

Hopefully not another false dawn though, because without tempting fate, it really looks as though Deanno has found a very good combination of youth & experience this time round?

Here's hoping for a better season

Iesty at 10.27:26 on 29th July 2010 said:
pictures on their way..... Rob informed me of my stupidity

RPsms at 10.28:43 on 29th July 2010 said:
The following MMS Picture Message has just been received live via the RP MMS Service:

The above image is a resized thumbnail, click it for the original size.

Any RP'ers interested in being a match day MMS Picture Message reporter please get in touch with Rob via PM.

RPsms at 10.29:58 on 29th July 2010 said:
The following MMS Picture Message has just been received live via the RP MMS Service:

Any RP'ers interested in being a match day MMS Picture Message reporter please get in touch with Rob via PM.

RPsms at 10.30:28 on 29th July 2010 said:

Page 8 of 9
« First   <      5     6     7  8    9   >  

Wrexham v Preston XI Friendly Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12