RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Airbus v Wrexham KO 7.30pm Friendly Live Match Thread -
Page 6 of 6
« First   <      3     4     5  6

Rob at 21.38:57 on 3rd August 2010 said:
Just got back in from the wilds of wales. Well, Chirk way

Thanks for everyone doing the updates - really makes things more 'alive' than the usual match report style stuff.

Also , contender of pic of the season already - what a shot!

Part Timer at 22.07:23 on 3rd August 2010 said:
[QUOTE=RPsms;669374]The following MMS Picture Message has just been received live via the RP MMS Service:

[

That must be the most ironic post ever on RP. He was woeful tonight.

rockin_robin at 22.19:13 on 3rd August 2010 said:
[QUOTE=Part Timer;669455]
Originally Posted by RPsms:
The following MMS Picture Message has just been received live via the RP MMS Service:

[

That must be the most ironic post ever on RP. He was woeful tonight.
That's what I was getting it

gar1873 at 22.30:27 on 3rd August 2010 said:
After Watching That Tonight That Reminded Me Why I Hate Watching Pre Season Matches. Not Bad Food In The Ground Tho! lol

Red-C at 23.31:06 on 3rd August 2010 said:
Just got in.

Don't get to many games but didn't want to miss the big local derby!

Its far to early to start getting pessimistic, especially as it was basically a half-team plus youth/reserve/trialists but that really was poor. One thing that was particularly interesting though was being able to hear the players talking to each other; gave me a couple of insights and anyone else please feel free to disagree.

Tactically, it wasn't just that the team were poor it looked like the players were disagreing over what they were. In the first half Mark Williams had a right tantrum at one of the defenders for not playing the long ball from the back over the top. The defender (it was either Obeng or more likely the number 6) played a simple pass instead... didn't do a lot wrong but Williams was furious. I might be reading too much into it and it probably happens all the time in games but at that point you I expected Saunders or Carey to have a word... it is only a pre-season game after all and where better to adjust and discuss tactics.

Secondly, in the second half when Shearer was in goal the two centre backs kept pulling wide to the corners of the penalty area ever time the keeper had the ball. A few times he screamed at the two of them to push up as he was going to kick it... most of the time they did but a couple of times they seemed to be following some sort of drill where they run out as he kicks it. I am not criticising any of the players he (and I thought Shearer's marshalling of his defence was a very positive thing) but there did seem to be some confusion about the tactics which I thought needlessly made Kai Edwards in particular look a bit nervous (something which Shearer himself picked up on and gave him a great deal of direction with... the keeper was running the back line - again this is probably a good thing and Edwards did pretty well with extra encouragement but it did make me wonder how they discuss such basics on the training ground).

I left just before their second so sorry if everything I have written was undermined by their goal but just wanted to give a few possibly helpful thoughts.

One final thing... why do subs go on the pitch at half time? Surely they should be in the dressing room with the manager and team-mates to discuss the second half. It looked to me like the subs had a kick around and only went in for 5 mins. Maybe that was enough... who knows?

Robins31 at 00.41:29 on 4th August 2010 said:
Poor performance. At the end of the first half, only 2 or 3 players seemed to still be in their starting position (& that included Taylor & Maxi). Not sure if this was down to DS or players? Mawer got better as the game went on, though seemed to get slower/have trouble moving - injured? Partnership with Kai didn't seem to work, but then not one of his best games! Tolley brought a bit of composure when moved to the defence - though gave the ball a way an awful lot. Christian had a good opening 20 minutes or so, and played a few good long diagonal passes, but then seem to fade; Obeng did a couple of good runs & got 2/3 decent crosses in, but not much else... Hunt had a reasonable game, probably our best player? Marc worked hard, but got caught with the ball a bit, especially when moved to midfield 2nd half. 15 & 14 showed some good touches when they came on, including some good link up work.... Overall, we were very lucky to get the draw; I think all 3 were probably pens - and Gaz T took his well. Performance wouldn't have enhanced ST sales if you hadn't made your mind up yet!

Page 6 of 6
« First   <      3     4     5  6

Airbus v Wrexham KO 7.30pm Friendly Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12