RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Altrincham v Wrexham KO 3pm BSBP Live Match Thread -
Page 12 of 13
« First   <   2   9     10     11  12    13   >  

mattw at 16.18:03 on 1st January 2011 said:
Quite glad I put uni work before going to this.

Can we have a centre forward that can score now please?

Oswestrian at 16.22:32 on 1st January 2011 said:
Happy New Year all.

Don't want to appear the contrarian after a poor draw today, but now only 2 league defeats since 21st August. Problem with our fans is that we expect to win every single game, and to play well in every single game; that's not possible, for any team, anywhere.

Man U have played pretty poorly this season on what I've seen, yet here we are 1st Jan, they haven't lost in the league, & are top of the pile with games in hand. Same with Wrexham, the first half of the season has been poor on the whole, but still in with a serious shout of the play-offs, even if the title is probably heading towards Crawley.

Prodigal Dragon at 16.31:47 on 1st January 2011 said:
Originally Posted by Oswestrian:
Happy New Year all.

Don't want to appear the contrarian after a poor draw today, but now only 2 league defeats since 21st August. Problem with our fans is that we expect to win every single game, and to play well in every single game; that's not possible, for any team, anywhere.

Man U have played pretty poorly this season on what I've seen, yet here we are 1st Jan, they haven't lost in the league, & are top of the pile with games in hand. Same with Wrexham, the first half of the season has been poor on the whole, but still in with a serious shout of the play-offs, even if the title is probably heading towards Crawley.
True, but......

Alty are rock bottom and have lost their last 4 games. It's just not good enough.

Bath beat Newport, and Grimsby thrashed Mansfield. This was the easiest of our next 3 games. Best we can hope for now is the return of Obeng's pace, and the final realisation that Taylor should not start.

It's looking like 2011 is going to be a long, hard and very frustrating year. Sadly, I still remain unconvinced that Saunders is what we need, although I am sure his many supporters will still say otherwise.

Funny_Old_Game at 16.33:46 on 1st January 2011 said:
Why did he bring on Williams & Pogba? Has Pogba ever scored in training? Neither of them could hit a cow's arse with a banjo from 1 yard.

Get rid of these 2, retire Taylor and bring in a striker who knows how to finish.

LlayDragon at 17.06:24 on 1st January 2011 said:
A poor result against a woeful team.

Gutted.

wrexhamandy at 17.07:41 on 1st January 2011 said:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game:
Why did he bring on Williams & Pogba? Has Pogba ever scored in training? Neither of them could hit a cow's arse with a banjo from 1 yard.

Get rid of these 2, retire Taylor and bring in a striker who knows how to finish.
Bit suprised at this comment, I thought Pog and Williams did well when on, created more in 25 mins than Morrel and Taylor did in 65. Williams in particular had a lot of lovely touches. I thought we only had a goal threat up front when they came on and would gamble by sticking with them two and Chiz up front for next game to give Morrel and Taylor a needed kick up the behind.

Oswestrian at 17.35:45 on 1st January 2011 said:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon:
True, but......

Alty are rock bottom and have lost their last 4 games. It's just not good enough.

Bath beat Newport, and Grimsby thrashed Mansfield. This was the easiest of our next 3 games. Best we can hope for now is the return of Obeng's pace, and the final realisation that Taylor should not start.

It's looking like 2011 is going to be a long, hard and very frustrating year. Sadly, I still remain unconvinced that Saunders is what we need, although I am sure his many supporters will still say otherwise.
PD- Yes, I can see where you are coming from, but if we assume that Crawley, Luton and Wimbledon are going to finish way ahead of the rest (and two of them will be really disappointed, and that may reflect in the play offs), there are realistically two play off places up for grabs, and we are in a great position.

Personally, I think you can discount any team currently below us in the table, apart from Grimsby, which means its between us, Grimsby, Fleetwood, Kiddi and Newport for the last two places. We are with Grimsby (I believe, but would invite correction on the point), the only full timers in that list.

York might, I suppose, appear from left field, but am happy with that analysis half way through the season.

wilbobisback at 18.35:44 on 1st January 2011 said:
Originally Posted by Rob:
Chiz down in pen area... dive and desperate at that. Wrex fans telling him to stop cheating and get on with it. Lucky alty cant shoot.
Posted via mobile theme
I was standing against the fence not 5 yards from that incident. 100% deffo pen! The guy DEFINATELY clipped cheesy's heel, ref & lino got it totally wrong!

shinyredadidaskit at 18.48:00 on 1st January 2011 said:
Originally Posted by wilbobisback:
I was standing against the fence not 5 yards from that incident. 100% deffo pen! The guy DEFINATELY clipped cheesy's heel, ref & lino got it totally wrong!
Looked a pen to me. Problem is chiz goes down easier than Torres. Refs have marked his card

Page 12 of 13
« First   <   2   9     10     11  12    13   >  

Altrincham v Wrexham KO 3pm BSBP Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12