RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Cambridge Utd v Wrexham KO 7.45pm FA Cup 1st Round Live Match Thread -
Page 4 of 67
<      1     2     3  4    5     6     7  1454 >   Last »  

draigwrecsam at 18.34:59 on 11th November 2011 said:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game:
When have those 3 ever started a match together? Or even been on the pitch together?

That lineup HAS to be wrong surely.
They started against Bath, York(h) and Southport
They were also on the pitch together v Grimsby and Ebbsfleet. No goals while they were together on the field.

LongtimeLurker at 18.35:50 on 11th November 2011 said:
Cambridge manager Jez George thinks he has striking power to beat the Reds this evening.

Jez: We've got firepower to beat Red Dragons

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Spor...s-11112011.htm

Jez George insists Cambridge United have the defensive strength and attacking power to send high-flying Wrexham crashing out of the FA Cup tonight.

The United manager is full of respect for their Blue Square Bet Premier rivals, who are top of the table and on an eight-game unbeaten run.

But the U's are on a seven-match unbeaten run of their own and the boss believes they can triumph in the first-round clash, which is being shown on Welsh television station S4C, at the R Costings Abbey Stadium.

"I'm expecting a really difficult game," said George. "They are a very strong, experienced, organised and disciplined side.

"They're good from set-plays, difficult to break down and have players that can score goals. "All that makes them sound quite formidable, but we know we can beat them if we're on top of our game.

"We'll have to defend properly, and if we don't then we won't go through.

"But we've got attacking weapons that can cause any team in this league problems. We have scored against Luton, York and Mansfield. "We've got to be good without the ball and make sure we don't give them any opportunities.

"We'll have to be clinical as it will probably be a game of few chances.

"I think you can cause any team in this league problems if you've got pace and movement in the final third. "Wrexham are no different, but they're a big physical side and we'll get nothing cheap against them.

"We'll have to earn everything we get."

Left-back James Jennings is expected to be fit after missing Saturday's win at Mansfield with a migraine, so the manager must decide whether to recall him.

"It's a conundrum," said George. "I've learned there's no point making decisions too early.

"It's a game they will all want to play in, but it's a game of football and there will be one next week and the week after that.

"It's about how they handle not being in the team. Those out of the team have to push the ones in the team to keep their level of performance high."

George also revealed Steven Connors is not currently training with the first team following his shock return to the club last Friday after the club lost and FA appeal against his 'sacking'.

"He's doing individual work with the fitness coach as he's behind other first-team players," said George.

T R at 18.38:09 on 11th November 2011 said:
is it on tv

Funny_Old_Game at 18.38:37 on 11th November 2011 said:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam:
They started against Bath, York(h) and Southport
They were also on the pitch together v Grimsby and Ebbsfleet. No goals while they were together on the field.
I'd check that as I think you are wrong. I don't believe they have ever spent a minute together on the pitch.

Rob at 18.38:48 on 11th November 2011 said:
Five mins before kick off, looks empty there?

Motty at 18.40:31 on 11th November 2011 said:
Trust bus broken down but now here.
Rumour WST and moss have an agreed front to go to FA.

Rob at 18.41:26 on 11th November 2011 said:
Trust bus had a flat tyre apparently.

Motty at 18.42:24 on 11th November 2011 said:
Maxi in Armenia

draigwrecsam at 18.42:36 on 11th November 2011 said:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game:
I'd check that as I think you are wrong. I don't believe they have ever spent a minute together on the pitch.
Moi? Wrong? Funniest thing you've said for ages. If you don't believe me check your most recent program OK!

Page 4 of 67
<      1     2     3  4    5     6     7  1454 >   Last »  

Cambridge Utd v Wrexham KO 7.45pm FA Cup 1st Round Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12