RP Logo
RP Live Match Thread Lite Mode

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during periods of high use ie. games or breaking news!
Please consider registering or logging in.

Quick RP Links:Wrexham Forum - Offtopic Chat - Live Match Threads

Altrincham vs Wrexham Friendly 7.30pm ko Live Match Thread -
Page 13 of 14
« First   <   3   10     11     12  13    14   >  

Jaded at 20.22:53 on 2nd August 2013 said:
After Morrell's fairly scathing comments about the team who lost to CQN the other day, I'm assuming the starting line-up today will be pretty close to the starting line-up in our first league games. (The obvious changes being Carrington giving way - either a straight swap for Tommo or a switch with Beast, with Wright moving to right back - and TB-J perhaps being replaced by Chiz, Rushton, Ogleby, or even Reid.)

Looking at our first seven games, I'm struggling to see that team getting less than 14 points worst case scenario, with my prediction being 17 out of a possible 21. I think there could be a pleasant surprise for those people worrying!

baz at 20.22:53 on 2nd August 2013 said:
I preferred it when we used to roll over the Isle of Man national team and higher division clubs who didn't give a shit. We used to get relegated afterwards but it stopped non-football time being dominated by people getting in a frenzy by training sessions you can pay to watch. It's bad enough when people get FURIOUS about their leisure time but at least it makes some sense during real games.
Posted via mobile theme

Vambo at 20.23:06 on 2nd August 2013 said:
I don't think DB has lied, but I do fear he is putting spin on the truth, which is far to close to the attitude of previous owners, and not what I,d hope for from a fans representative.

jacthelad at 20.26:03 on 2nd August 2013 said:
Stop the world I'm getting off

Jaded at 20.33:42 on 2nd August 2013 said:
Originally Posted by Vambo:
I don't think DB has lied, but I do fear he is putting spin on the truth, which is far to close to the attitude of previous owners, and not what I,d hope for from a fans representative.
Would agree here, at least to a point. I certainly don't think The Don has lied. However, when a couple of days ago many people were - rightly, IMO - praising the club for the improved communications since the Trust took over, it would be nice to think that what was being said was accurate.

Redted at 20.35:16 on 2nd August 2013 said:
Originally Posted by Jaded:
I think 'lie' is a very strong word! Statto did explain the other day, though, that it wasn't meant to be taken literally. (Was there some discussion about it at a WST meeting? I think Louisleftboot mentioned this.)
How was it to be taken then? The fans deserve honesty from those in charge. I think most would except the situation we find ourselves in if the club came clean and said that we didn't have a pot to pi*s in. What concerns me is how for a club of our size, we are struggling to even scout any decent potential players. We seem to be missing player after player. A few months ago I posted that we should wait until mid July before coming to any negative conclusions, but our complete lack of ambition to even attempt to sign anyone other than 2 players comes across at best as inept. I know I will be slated by some on here, but we do appear to have an amateurish approach.I suppose that sums it up, we are being managed by inexperienced but well intended individuals I'm afraid.

harrypothead at 20.43:40 on 2nd August 2013 said:
How many shots on goal did Reeves get tonight?

Jaded at 20.47:04 on 2nd August 2013 said:
Originally Posted by Redted:
How was it to be taken then?
Good question. I wasn't at the meeting when it was discussed - and am slightly surprised there hasn't been more said about it on here. (Unless I've missed it, which is a possibility.)

evilelfed at 20.47:30 on 2nd August 2013 said:
Originally Posted by harrypothead:
How many shots on goal did Reeves get tonight?
about the same amount of times you shot over your keyboard when you found out he scored.

Page 13 of 14
« First   <   3   10     11     12  13    14   >  

Altrincham vs Wrexham Friendly 7.30pm ko Live Match Thread

Please help out your fellow RP'ers by being restrained on the use of 'refresh' during games! Lots of 'guests' view the RP match threads, so if that is you, please consider registering and joining in the RP fun!

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12