Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > World Cup 2018

World Cup 2018 The World Cup this summer is in Russia - this is the subforum dedicated to it, so any WC stuff in here...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2018, 18.38:49   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Twitter: @

Default England squad announced

Thoughts? I would’ve gone with Wiltshire despite the (permanent) injury concerns - he’s their only decent central midfielder.

And Smalling over Maguire and Cahill.

Pretty sorry looking squad overall. Keepers and defenders probably the weakest in living memory.
Old 16th May 2018, 19.37:42   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Default Re: England squad announced

Round of 16 fodder.
Old 16th May 2018, 22.34:13   #3-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

The worst England tournament squad I can ever remember seeing.
Old 17th May 2018, 06.41:18   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
The worst England tournament squad I can ever remember seeing.
Overall quite possibly but in comparison to the previous two or three it looks like it has some goals in it.
Old 17th May 2018, 07.49:03   #5-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Overall quite possibly but in comparison to the previous two or three it looks like it has some goals in it.
A lot is resting on Kane's and Vardy's shoulders for that to happen. Personally I think Rashford is over rated, and the less said about Welbeck better.

Full/wing backs look decent, apart from that it looks woeful. When they get dumped out early doors I hope Southgate does not cop it, there are far bigger issues that have resulted in such a poor squad.
Old 17th May 2018, 08.00:54   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
A lot is resting on Kane's and Vardy's shoulders for that to happen. Personally I think Rashford is over rated, and the less said about Welbeck better.

Full/wing backs look decent, apart from that it looks woeful. When they get dumped out early doors I hope Southgate does not cop it, there are far bigger issues that have resulted in such a poor squad.
True but i can't see Kane/Vardy getting the service they require. Presuming Sterling, Alli and/or Rashford are the wide attackers, they are runners with the ball rather than clever passers and i certainly can't see intelligent passers in Henderson and Dier. Kane will be cursing the fact that his mate Erikson isn't Ingerlish!

They will scrape out of an easy group and then lose in knockout football
Old 17th May 2018, 14.46:40   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

The Wiltshire decision is an interesting one. On the one hand I get the concerns about his fitness, but that midfield lacks the sparkle to get the best out of the front line. Wiltshire could have just been the difference.
That said, no matter what squad Southgate came up with, at this moment in time the best England can hope for is to get out of the group stages and hope for a fluke to get any further. There are at least eight teams in this tournament who are currently better than England, and for me it looks like the Germans making another march on Moscow; but this time a more successful one.
Old 17th May 2018, 16.49:15   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
for me it looks like the Germans making another march on Moscow; but this time a more successful one.
unless winter comes early of course
Old 17th May 2018, 16.50:25   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
The Wiltshire decision is an interesting one. On the one hand I get the concerns about his fitness, but that midfield lacks the sparkle to get the best out of the front line. Wiltshire could have just been the difference.
That said, no matter what squad Southgate came up with, at this moment in time the best England can hope for is to get out of the group stages and hope for a fluke to get any further. There are at least eight teams in this tournament who are currently better than England, and for me it looks like the Germans making another march on Moscow; but this time a more successful one.
People say this about Wilshere like he’s this prospect of a player but he’s 26 and hasn’t done much even when fit.
Old 17th May 2018, 18.02:22   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

I have always found analysis about Wilshire amusing. He put in a decent performance once against Barcelona and he was world class. Lost some form and ended up at Bournemouth and he was finished, done averagely at Arsenal and he is great again. The truth is he was always between these extremes.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.21:39.