Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > World Cup 2018

World Cup 2018 The World Cup this summer is in Russia - this is the subforum dedicated to it, so any WC stuff in here...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th July 2018, 21.00:54   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default england over hyped up

maybe im a bit biased, but the way they are talking bout this england side being a very good outfit, is beyond me , they have played 7 games lost 3 and beaten a panama side a sunday league side would give a game, wait till the next world cup theyre saying ,well if the brazils ,germanys, italys,argies,are goin to stand still yes they might have a chance of QFs, the draw they had was quite unbelieveable to get as far as they did,watchin today the3rd game PO was men against boys, just dont no what all the fuss is about??? might be me as a wales supporter
Old 14th July 2018, 21.27:35   #2-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Default Re: england over hyped up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
maybe im a bit biased, but the way they are talking bout this england side being a very good outfit, is beyond me , they have played 7 games lost 3 and beaten a panama side a sunday league side would give a game, wait till the next world cup theyre saying ,well if the brazils ,germanys, italys,argies,are goin to stand still yes they might have a chance of QFs, the draw they had was quite unbelieveable to get as far as they did,watchin today the3rd game PO was men against boys, just dont no what all the fuss is about??? might be me as a wales supporter
Exactly. They are coming up with anything to justify their exit. Kane not fit ( thought there were other players in the squad), pride restored in the nation ( wonder when we /they lost it), they were only youngsters and other teams were more experienced. Just glad to see all the silly car flags disappear this evening.
Old 14th July 2018, 23.24:58   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
Yeah you are biased as a Wales supporter but get what you mean. England had a good draw and made the most of it until the semi final but it is a young squad and I guess people are hoping the current squad with a few additions from the younger sides will add another dimension which is sorely needed.
Just keep on dreaming pal, you'll qualify to be in the world cup one day...
Old 15th July 2018, 08.36:58   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Its coming home
4th place is coming home
Over hyped shite nothing else
Old 15th July 2018, 16.42:04   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

For them it’s a marked improvement. They played some pretty good football at times and but for Subasic actually making a save they could have been in the final.

They’ve not been crippled with expectation as they have in previous tournaments. Some of their so called exciting youngsters have let them down namely Sterling and Alli.

Hats of to Southgate who couldn’t have done anything better. Perhaps he followed Coleman’s approach 2 years ago.
Old 15th July 2018, 16.59:09   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Not far from draigwrecsam but not too close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
For them itís a marked improvement. They played some pretty good football at times and but for Subasic actually making a save they could have been in the final.

Theyíve not been crippled with expectation as they have in previous tournaments. Some of their so called exciting youngsters have let them down namely Sterling and Alli.

Hats of to Southgate who couldnít have done anything better. Perhaps he followed Colemanís approach 2 years ago.
But for Januzaj goal, England would not have progressed past the round of 16.
Old 15th July 2018, 17.01:55   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
If my aunty.....
Old 15th July 2018, 18.09:50   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post

Hats of to Southgate who couldnít have done anything better. Perhaps he followed Colemanís approach 2 years ago.
There isnít a manager in the tournament who couldnít do anything better! Southgate has had a pretty easy ride this tournament. I still think he has a lot to prove from the tactical side of the game. We still donít really know how he can change the game when plan A isnít working. I felt his substitutions were very safe and conservative, reminded me very much of Flynn.
Old 15th July 2018, 18.11:05   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
Disagree, I think England would have beaten Japan. They donít have a huge problem with worse teams.
Old 15th July 2018, 18.30:09   #10-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

dont think england have a player who is a game changer, they have Kane but hes a box player a proper goal scorer, not a hazard or bale ,de bruyne, they have quality but no world class midfielder who can open up a defence, maybe one will come along and that could be the answer, but to play Delph and Dier in there not good enough, and Ali is ok domestically or against miinnows, they have good players but not world class

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.17:43.