Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd September 2017, 22.44:34   #911-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: ***** BUILD the BUDGET ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Great news. Current total is £54k before this.
Just think if we are still in the top few places in January and Dean needs a little boost!
Old 2nd September 2017, 23.12:57   #912-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock near away dugout

i believe BTB stands at almost £55,500 now

www.buckleyreds.co.uk
Old 3rd September 2017, 14.28:29   #913-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Great news. Current total is £54k before this.
Good news, how much have we left in the pot?
Old 3rd September 2017, 16.04:05   #914-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
Good news, how much have we left in the pot?
DK seems to have money available to spend now if he can, but I think the vast majority of BtB was collected/pledged before at the end of last season and before DK's budget was decided/made available so I expect BtB was all but used during the summer recruitment.

The duck race & cricket match has produced more cash but it is a bit disappointing more local businesses haven't pushed phase 2 on and matched the generosity of the fans.

BtB has been the catylist to get better some better quality players in and now we need them to come good and push our gates up 20-25% to generate additional funds for January.

Not counting STs, our 'pay as you go support' has dropped from 4,000 to around 2,000 since the first game of the season. Therefore if we can get half of those back, it will make a massive difference financially and type of players coming in.

Last edited by davewilli; 3rd September 2017 at 16.12:15..
Old 18th September 2017, 23.52:03   #915-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

club needs to release a communications update on this as its a bit muddy as to if the money has been used or not and how much is left and the usual suspects are jumping on it
Old 19th September 2017, 10.56:23   #916-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
club needs to release a communications update on this as its a bit muddy as to if the money has been used or not and how much is left and the usual suspects are jumping on it
I think the problem here is that the BTB isn't really seen as a separate pot of money. It's just considered part of the overall first team budget. There's clearly money left in the budget as we were looking to buy a striker but you can't really say whether the BTB money has specifically been allocated to anything.
Old 19th September 2017, 16.48:57   #917-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

I thought the money was being held in it's own separate account?
If so it should be fairly easy to say what is left...
Old 19th September 2017, 18.34:22   #918-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
I thought the money was being held in it's own separate account?
If so it should be fairly easy to say what is left...
It certainly was initially not sure about now the season has started and the budget is being spent. There's a good chance it is all still there but it doesn't mean it hasn't been allocated to something.

What I meant was if, say we've got 50k left to spend it's irrelevant if that came from BTB or season ticket sales. It's just part of an overall budget.
Old 20th September 2017, 03.08:51   #919-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

WINS old 'Beer a Week' initiative brought new players to the team - until Guterman told me that the club would have financed them even without fans' money. That was the key moment which determined that all money raised should be set aside to fight for fans' ownership of the club.

If BTB is to continue then I feel it's vital that the Trust demonstrates that BTB money isn't simply a substitute for the club budget. The latter should be spent first, with a reducing balance shown for BTB as this 'supplementary' money is spent. Otherwise, there will be nothing to demonstrate that BTB is doing any good in the area intended.
Old 25th September 2017, 14.56:05   #920-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: usually MRS

In case anyone missed it.. this is under the header "Fancy a Flutter..."
Paddy Power is offering 20/1 on Wrexham winning the league with 1/4 odds on being placed in top 3.
If fans got behind this and pledged their winnings to next seasons BTB it could give us a potentially massive donation to our club.
I'll start off with a tenner bet (£5 each way). By my calculations that's a £125 donation if we finish top, £25 If second or third.
Even a £ or two could realise a decent donation. Feel free to pledge as much as you like and, at these odds, cover a bet for yourself too.
If we don't make top 3 it will have only been a bit of inexpensive fun with good intentions.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.44:01.