Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th April 2017, 08.08:02   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST AGM Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Just to clarify. I argue for direct Members (Club Owners ) election for two obvious reasons . The first is that it represents the clear democracy on which any Fans' Ownership model depends. The second ....and here perhaps lies the problem ....is that too many WST members have felt excluded. We have , in recent years , seen Members' agm motions being opposed by the Board and accusations being made about the "elite" deciding deciding everything. Not saying all this is true but WST membership figures , and involvement , seem to be in decline . Worrying.
I would like to see a tweak to the current model of nominating club board members. I would argue for the continuation of the Trust board proposing who the members are but their appointments should be ratified by the Trust membership in a vote at the AGM each year. This would provide they rank and file with an opportunity once a year to remove any directors they viewed as under-performing but most importantly it would give a greater mandate to the football club directors t operate on our behalfs and is a step closer to democracy
Old 28th April 2017, 08.30:07   #20-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Just to point our discussion into context and illustrate the lack of understanding in certain influential quarters .......
I posted on an "elite" site that I wished for all fans to work together for the sake of our Club. The first response was from Braziliant , a prominent member of a major Supporters' group , who replied as follows:-
" Plenty of opportunities for any knockers of how the Club is run to put themselves forward to change things as they see fit, 7 vacancies on trust (sic) board , let's see if they put up or shut up. "
Would normally ignore such rubbish but spent much of yesterday finalising the FPA quiz to raise funds for our Club. Served for 30 years on Supporters' Association committee ....see last Saturday's matchday programme for list of things we achieved . To say that I am pissed off with Braziliant , and others who view all with alternative and questioning views as "knockers " would be an understatement.
I suppose some may classify me as a knocker and I don't always agree with
your point of view but on a personal basis no one can knock your magnificent contribution to the club. No wonder you are pissed off.
I have always admired greatly the work of the Association.
Keep up the good work and don't let the bastards grind you down.
Old 28th April 2017, 08.31:28   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WST View Post
Just for confirmation, elected Trust Board members serve terms of up to three years before having to step down and seek re election by the membership if they so wish. There is no limit on the number of times they can do so. This year Peter Jones, John Mills, Spencer Harris, Gavin Jones and Richard Ulrich will complete three year terms.

Dave Jones has also given notice that he will be standing down from the board at the AGM after five years service. Everyone at WST thanks Dave for all his hard work.

Mark Williams, Stuart Roberts and Anita Robinson are elected board members whose terms do not expire this year.

In total there are seven vacancies for election which, as usual will give the new board the option of co-opting additional members if they have the necessary skills experience etc by advertising for expressions of interest. During the current year Brian Phillips, Sarah Smith Howard, Mike Lewis and Colin Williams were co-opted in this way. Their co-opted positions (which are always for 12 months) come to an end at the AGM

Hopefully this explains things.
Will the existing co-opted members need to place themselves forward for election or can they be further co-opted at the first meeting following the AGM.
Old 28th April 2017, 08.39:43   #22-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Wouldn't vote for Richard Ulrich in a million years.
He had a go at me because I didn't know he'd had an accident - I mean how on earth would I know that when you consider I do not know him at all. Very very weird individual to say the least. I expect another weird PM as a result of this post.
Old 28th April 2017, 08.56:41   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Will the existing co-opted members need to place themselves forward for election or can they be further co-opted at the first meeting following the AGM.
I think they can stand if they want to-like anyone else. If they don't or don't get through they could be coopted again. It'll be up to the new board I presume. That's whats happened in the past.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 28th April 2017, 10.06:13   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
I suppose some may classify me as a knocker and I don't always agree with
your point of view but on a personal basis no one can knock your magnificent contribution to the club. No wonder you are pissed off.
I have always admired greatly the work of the Association.
Keep up the good work and don't let the bastards grind you down.
I'll second that!
Old 28th April 2017, 11.01:38   #25-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Wouldn't vote for Richard Ulrich in a million years.
He had a go at me because I didn't know he'd had an accident - I mean how on earth would I know that when you consider I do not know him at all. Very very weird individual to say the least. I expect another weird PM as a result of this post.
Not sure of what has gone on in your situation but ive known Richard since our schooldays. I'd hardly call him weird at all.
Old 28th April 2017, 11.31:22   #26-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
Not sure of what has gone on in your situation but ive known Richard since our schooldays. I'd hardly call him weird at all.
Can only speak as I find mate.
If someone contacts you over comments on here, then has a pop at you over something you couldn't possibly know about I really don't think I could think anything else.
Old 28th April 2017, 11.49:37   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Just to point our discussion into context and illustrate the lack of understanding in certain influential quarters .......
I posted on an "elite" site that I wished for all fans to work together for the sake of our Club. The first response was from Braziliant , a prominent member of a major Supporters' group , who replied as follows:-
" Plenty of opportunities for any knockers of how the Club is run to put themselves forward to change things as they see fit, 7 vacancies on trust (sic) board , let's see if they put up or shut up. "
Would normally ignore such rubbish but spent much of yesterday finalising the FPA quiz to raise funds for our Club. Served for 30 years on Supporters' Association committee ....see last Saturday's matchday programme for list of things we achieved . To say that I am pissed off with Braziliant , and others who view all with alternative and questioning views as "knockers " would be an understatement.
Never known you knock the trust Dave.
Always been supportive as far as I'm aware.
Just because you question the club structure is no reason to be abused by a so called "elitist" Not sure I'd know anyone in that group.
Your personal contribution and that of the supporters association and the PFA with whom you are associated should be lauded as an example of how fans can serve the club without reward.
We are all open to criticism but it has to be fair and balanced, not vindictive.
Keep up the good work!!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.46:21.