RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Evans One of our own (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109661-robbie-evans-one-our-own.html)

StattoWrexham 30th April 2017 10.52:55

Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

[QUOTE=wrexham_forever;2020568]He hasn't been good enough for 2-3 seasons! Never rated him. Yes he shows passion and always 100% commitment but that's as far as it goes.

If he wasn't 'one of our own' the majority of fans would of been calling for him to leave along time ago.

Time for someone else to get the horrible one of our own chant put on them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

We love to be sentimental at this club, I remember being gutted about Peter Ward being let go, thinking that he had "one more season" left in him!

We just aren't in a position anymore to give out contracts to maybes and I trust Keates to make the right decisions this summer on all the squad.

The biggest challenge will be to attract the characters that we need to turn us into promotion candidates either in the coming season or the season after, no pressure then!

Connah's Quay Red 30th April 2017 10.57:36

Heard he's off and Morrell is taking him to Tamworth.

John Neals Dynasty 30th April 2017 10.57:50

If we keep resigning league of Wales standard players then we may as well go part time and give it all up.

Great lad no doubts and I wish him well, but to be successful as a manager their is no room for sentiment.

If he is kept on then it's goodbye from me as it will show the level of our ambition.

I await Dean's retained list with bated breath.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

johnstownred 30th April 2017 11.08:46

Take off the rose tinted specs he aint good enough

Redordead 30th April 2017 11.15:08

He doesn't have the quality for a mid season let alone a team looking for promotion.

League of Wales will be his level or maybe Morrell will sign him

NedStarksGhost 30th April 2017 11.19:41

Seriously it's time to let him go. Everybody knows what a credit he is, I am gutted he's not progressed. But he just simply isn't good enough. This one of our own stuff just blinds some over his ability. Need him released.

kingsevans 30th April 2017 11.40:04

[QUOTE=owain94;2020561]Didn't somebody mention that he needs surgery to recover from his recurring injury problems which would put him out for longer than that? Or was that not true?[/QUOTE]

In the Interview on Dragonheart, he told me that he has no tendons in the injured part of his ankle now, he also said that the op he was advised to have would mean 12 months + out for recovery as to build the tendon back up they graft from the hamstring and then have the ankle op so its 2 recovery's in 1 really.

the other option was rest (at least 3 months) he took 7 weeks to do as best he could and then was playing again as he wanted to help his home town club recover from the previous managers balls up, he also told me that even if he's not offered a contract next season and moves on somewhere else he still wants Wxm to do well and get promotion as hes a fan also.

from that side of it his commitment cannot be faulted, whatever peoples opinion of him as a player, is a different matter.

Redted 30th April 2017 11.42:16

Move on, just not good enough I'm afraid

davewilli 30th April 2017 11.56:00

[QUOTE=kingsevans;2020585]In the Interview on Dragonheart, he told me that he has no tendons in the injured part of his ankle now, he also said that the op he was advised to have would mean 12 months + out for recovery as to build the tendon back up they graft from the hamstring and then have the ankle op so its 2 recovery's in 1 really.

the other option was rest (at least 3 months) he took 7 weeks to do as best he could and then was playing again as he wanted to help his home town club recover from the previous managers balls up, he also told me that even if he's not offered a contract next season and moves on somewhere else he still wants Wxm to do well and get promotion as hes a fan also.

from that side of it his commitment cannot be faulted, whatever peoples opinion of him as a player, is a different matter.[/QUOTE]

Let's just hope it works out for him, despite his young years he has been a model pro and good servant of the club. Devastating time for young footballers let alone one who had the potential to play higher or be Wxm player for many years. Terrible dilemna for him risk his future by taking time out or gamble by playing on.

Good luck Robbie.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.59:12.