RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Evans One of our own (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109661-robbie-evans-one-our-own.html)

WV1 3rd May 2017 11.53:49

Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2021766]Indeed they are, confirmed by the owner a short while ago, Bangor City also.[/QUOTE]

Not fully, though.

In transition to all of them full time in 2018

podders 3rd May 2017 12.06:09

[QUOTE=Pen Dafad;2021748]How much of the Mills drinking stories are accurate[/QUOTE]

Think you have to take them with a pinch of salt (and a slice of lime and shot of tequila).

There was away game last season (London area) where the team stayed overnight in a hotel and still managed to be late getting to the ground. The story being that Mills wanted a few drinks in the morning.

KT12 Exile 3rd May 2017 12.18:56

[QUOTE=podders;2021909]Think you have to take them with a pinch of salt (and a slice of lime and shot of tequila).

There was away game last season (London area) where the team stayed overnight in a hotel and still managed to be late getting to the ground. The story being that Mills wanted a few drinks in the morning.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, only a very small percentage of it has to be true for it to be incredibly unprofessional!

Vorporix 3rd May 2017 19.04:15

[QUOTE=Pen Dafad;2021748]How much of the Mills drinking stories are accurate[/QUOTE]

There's no smoke without fire - no smoke without fire!

Junior Shabadoo 3rd May 2017 20.48:56

[QUOTE=owain94;2021897]Why didn't anybody question him?[/QUOTE]

Because everyone was wetting their knickers at Dom Vose scoring a worldy once in a while. A lot of the criticism of Mills is wise after the event when it ought to have been clear from the off that he was a total chancer. If you ignore the behind the scenes tales of drinking and shabby treatment of youth, people should have been wary of the squad management, open admissions of not preparing and the fact that we were flat track bullies. His league placing wasn't unacceptable but his methods certainly were. Yet there was precious little appetite for sacking Mills a year ago, and while the board has taken some flak for that it wasn't what most fans wanted.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hometown Unicorn 3rd May 2017 20.53:41

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2022207]Because everyone was wetting their knickers at Dom Vose scoring a worldy once in a while. A lot of the criticism of Mills is wise after the event when it ought to have been clear from the off that he was a total chancer. If you ignore the behind the scenes tales of drinking and shabby treatment of youth, people should have been wary of the squad management, open admissions of not preparing and the fact that we were flat track bullies. His league placing wasn't unacceptable but his methods certainly were. Yet there was precious little appetite for sacking Mills a year ago, and while the board has taken some flak for that it wasn't what most fans wanted.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I mean those who saw him getting drunk beforehand. Why didn't anyone go up to him and tell him to stop being a bellend?

Junior Shabadoo 3rd May 2017 21.00:14

[QUOTE=owain94;2022212]I mean those who saw him getting drunk beforehand. Why didn't anyone go up to him and tell him to stop being a bellend?[/QUOTE]

It's a selfish business. You keep your gob shut to stay in the team and tell your agent to get you out if you don't like it. He made himself master of the club so nobody above could stop him either.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Robin Redvest 3rd May 2017 21.12:05

Owain94, It happened on Don and Barrie's watch hence why they aren't with the club now. They took their eye off the ball due to their own interests which they can't be criticised for and Gary Mills just took the piss literally. They put their faith in a footballing man. I like both of them as they have done a lot of good for our club and I hold them still in high regard. The rest of the board didn't have any real contact with Mills.

Redvest

jonesfach 3rd May 2017 22.04:52

[QUOTE=Robin Redvest;2022220]Owain94, It happened on Don and Barrie's watch hence why they aren't with the club now. They took their eye off the ball due to their own interests which they can't be criticised for and Gary Mills just took the piss literally. They put their faith in a footballing man. I like both of them as they have done a lot of good for our club and I hold them still in high regard. The rest of the board didn't have any real contact with Mills.

Redvest[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Mills was a pisshead. BH didn't want to employ him in the first place tho, but once in the job Mills could do what he wanted. The reasoning behind Carden Park training, was most probably so he could do what he wanted, without anyone seeing what was going on.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.46:53.