RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Evans One of our own (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109661-robbie-evans-one-our-own.html)

Iesty 30th April 2017 13.07:05

Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

maybe sign him back up with the view of him having the much needed operation on an 18 month contract but reduced terms, let him have his 12 month recovery and have 6 months to prove he can hack it

meanwhile use him as a club ambassador and send him around the schools etc trying to drum up more support

i cant imagine he is on the megabucks some of Mills lot were on?

OneLoveWrexham 30th April 2017 13.14:25

[QUOTE=Iesty;2020596]maybe sign him back up with the view of him having the much needed operation on an 18 month contract but reduced terms, let him have his 12 month recovery and have 6 months to prove he can hack it

meanwhile use him as a club ambassador and send him around the schools etc trying to drum up more support

i cant imagine he is on the megabucks some of Mills lot were on?[/QUOTE]
No thanks, yes he might not be on massive money but surely he's on 500-600 a week. If we want promotion the only way we will do it is to use the budget to its maximum and every player we sign must pull their weight, stay injury free and prove to be value for money.

Halkynred 30th April 2017 13.27:54

[QUOTE=Connah's Quay Red;2020573]Heard he's off and Morrell is taking him to Tamworth.[/QUOTE]
Would be a decent move for him, hope it comes off

blackbrookred 30th April 2017 13.32:16

[QUOTE=Iesty;2020596]maybe sign him back up with the view of him having the much needed operation on an 18 month contract but reduced terms, let him have his 12 month recovery and have 6 months to prove he can hack it

i cant imagine he is on the megabucks some of Mills lot were on?[/QUOTE]

That's possibly the worst idea I have seen in a long time. Give a player 18 months knowing he won't play for 12 of them. Judging by the nice BMW 1 series he drives he isn't cheap.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Haruki 30th April 2017 13.46:59

[QUOTE=Connah's Quay Red;2020573]Heard he's off and Morrell is taking him to Tamworth.[/QUOTE]

That would be a good move for him, one step down the pyramid with a manager he knows.
Robbins comes across as a lovely lad and I wish him well, unfortunately his confidence looks shot. I feel the "one of our own" tag has become a stick with which to beat him, classic example being the original poster, why else include it in the thread title?

RemovedUser 30th April 2017 13.57:52

[QUOTE=Haruki;2020607]That would be a good move for him, one step down the pyramid with a manager he knows.
Robbins comes across as a lovely lad and I wish him well, unfortunately his confidence looks shot. I feel the "one of our own" tag has become a stick with which to beat him, classic example being the original poster, why else include it in the thread title?[/QUOTE]

I heard from someone that his confidence has been shot from looking at the comments on here every week.
Some Red Passioners certainly love to twist the knife when things do go exactly as we would like them to.

RemovedUser 30th April 2017 14.01:03

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2020604]That's possibly the worst idea I have seen in a long time. Give a player 18 months knowing he won't play for 12 of them. Judging by the nice BMW 1 series he drives he isn't cheap.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

A BMW 1 series?
How dare he spend his wages on one of those.
Surely he should only be allowed to drive a Corsa.
Footballers eh?

blackbrookred 30th April 2017 14.16:01

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2020609]A BMW 1 series?
How dare he spend his wages on one of those.
Surely he should only be allowed to drive a Corsa.
Footballers eh?[/QUOTE]

You have missed the point completely. What I am saying is that he clearly enjoys a decent standard of living so won't be that cheap to keep and not play for 12 months. Is that clearer for you?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hampshire Red 30th April 2017 14.32:03

I thought Robbie's body language in the warm up yesterday and after the game looked pretty clear - it was the last game in the red shirt. Good luck Robbie wherever you end up.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.04:58.