Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st May 2017, 06.17:40   #64-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Hes got to go simple as...

Can't pass, can't lead, can't run the midfield and could also be out a lot with an injury that needs surgery. No brainier really.

Poor player in a key position and if we keep him in the squad next season then we are going nowhere..
I wish it were otherwise but have to agree 100% with NottsRed
Old 1st May 2017, 06.23:48   #65-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

We do not want players to "fill the squad". We need a good solid base of a first team along with plenty of players who can fight for place in the team. The likes of Rutherford and evans, will never be good enough to push themselves into a promotion chasing team. The "squad fillers" as you RP'ers seem to call them, are already here - Leo Smith, Marx, Harry etc.

Sign players who can push us forward and compete for a place in the team, not to simply "fill the squad", Mr Keates.
Old 1st May 2017, 06.24:11   #66-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

i don't buy into this "his confidence is shot because of all the comments on here every week". He currently isn't good enough it is clear to any one watching him and should be obvious when he reflects on his own performances. He is a young lad and a credit to himself and his family the way he conducts himself. He puts in lots of effort and passion but his skill level has not improved over the last two years. I don't think giving him the captains armband at a time when he should be concentrating on his own game has helped.
If Robbie had not been a local lad,(and we all want the local lads to do well) he would have had far more stick on here for his performances. We are not in a position where we can carry passengers or be sentimental. if the rumoured move to Tamworth is true and comes off a change of scenery, coaching style and less pressure can only help improve his game.
I would only give him a contract if he was out on a season long loan and cost the club nothing in wages then assess him when he is injury free, otherwise thanks Robbie and good luck.
Old 1st May 2017, 06.44:03   #67-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

These latter comments are so true. We cannot run a club on sentiment and Robbie has had every chance to shine. It's tough that he is local and a great guy, but tough decisions have to be made.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st May 2017, 06.46:16   #68-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Yes Robbie has been a great ambassador for the club and we all want him to do well as he is a local lad but at the end of the day he isn't good enough where it matters ie on the pitch. As for the captaincy did Dean really make him captain for his footballing ability or what is good thinking on his part to put a local lad as captain?? Its a real shame about Robbie but we cannot have any sentiment these days so its time to go.
Old 1st May 2017, 07.45:48   #69-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
I wish it were otherwise but have to agree 100% with NottsRed
I agree , we have to evaluate Robbie on his football ability and ,for me, that is limited. Nobody disputes his attitude or his genuine affection for the club and us but he is simply not good enough and has not been for a long time. Mills showed his ineptitude as a manager by making him club captain when it is clearly not for him - he is far too quiet and cannot command the respect of his peers - leastways not when it comes to ability. I believe Mills decision was a cynical ploy to win over the supporters rather than something that was good either for the club or the lad involved.

I genuinely wish him all the best but its time to go and has been for two seasons.
Old 1st May 2017, 07.51:53   #70-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
I knew you would disagree, just suprised it took so long. ��
Posted via mobile theme
He's off anyway, unfortunately we aren't in a position to keep him on, him and Barry will be full time in the WPL next season.
Old 1st May 2017, 08.05:01   #71-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
He's off anyway, unfortunately we aren't in a position to keep him on, him and Barry will be full time in the WPL next season.
Thank you for helping me start my day with some good news. He has been a loyal servant but not good enough to get us promoted.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st May 2017, 08.08:16   #72-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

It's a shame to say but the time has come to let him go. He is too injury prone and should have had the operation sooner, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if it isn't right then don't struggle on.
The captaincy came too soon for Robbie and would only have put more pressure on him to play through the pain barrier.
A great ambassador for the club off the pitch but have to agree that he is going backwards.

As for the confidence issues, if true, then as a professional sportsman he should learn to not bother with fans forums and the like, if you go seeking adulation then you have to be prepared for the criticism in whatever form as it will always be there. You can't and won't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

I would also be wary of depression, I would think there could be an element of that to contend with, as a full time professional footballer, all he would want to be doing is getting on that pitch and giving his all for his hometown club. With injury preventing him from doing that so often this season, it must have affected him.

I wish Robbie well wherever he starts next season and hope he has an injury free season in which he can continue to make progress once more.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.43:04.