RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Evans One of our own (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109661-robbie-evans-one-our-own.html)

harrypothead 30th April 2017 10.20:44

Robbie Evans One of our own

I know Robbie has had a poor season, and he would be the first to admit it. But listening to him talk about his injury on dragonheart, i kind of feel sorry for the lad. Before his injury he had very good potential but this season he has struggled. With time to rest it over the summer, does anyone else think we should offer him a 6 month deal to prove his fitness or do you think the time has come for him to move on?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TomWFC 30th April 2017 10.23:20

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2020555]I know Robbie has had a poor season, and he would be the first to admit it. But listening to him talk about his injury on dragonheart, i kind of feel sorry for the lad. Before his injury he had very good potential but this season he has struggled. With time to rest it over the summer, does anyone else think we should offer him a 6 month deal to prove his fitness or do you think the time has come for him to move on?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Time to move on. Robbie has the heart of a lion, but ultimately he doesn't have the necessary quality for a promotion winning squad.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 30th April 2017 10.23:36

Re: Robbie Evans One of our own

Can people please stop going on about 6 month contracts, no one at this stage on the year now will accept a 6 month contract. He'll get better offers in LOW anyway, as much as I'd love a local lad to succeed unfortunately he's had his chance and had plenty of time to progress his career but if anything has regressed.

benwilliams 30th April 2017 10.24:00

No, we literally can't afford to be sentimental. Nice lad and I wish him all the best in the WPL next season.

Hometown Unicorn 30th April 2017 10.24:49

Didn't somebody mention that he needs surgery to recover from his recurring injury problems which would put him out for longer than that? Or was that not true?

Hometown Unicorn 30th April 2017 10.25:50

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2020560]No, we literally can't afford to be sentimental. Nice lad and I wish him all the best in the WPL next season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I have to agree. He's been an excellent ambassador for us off the pitch, but on it he's just not cutting the mustard. I wish him all the best and I hope he continues to be a credit to us off the pitch by lending his support.

LePog 30th April 2017 10.45:44

Move on.

blackbrookred 30th April 2017 10.48:53

We shouldn't be offering anyone 6 month contracts in the summer. We should be offering deals to players who are fit and ready to play. Why take a gamble on Robbie when there is no guarantee that he will be recovered, plus let's be honest, it's not just this season he has been poor.

wrexham_forever 30th April 2017 10.49:26

He hasn't been good enough for 2-3 seasons! Never rated him. Yes he shows passion and always 100% commitment but that's as far as it goes.

If he wasn't 'one of our own' the majority of fans would of been calling for him to leave along time ago.

Time for someone else to get the horrible one of our own chant put on them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.45:53.