RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Carl Darlington... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109676-carl-darlington.html)

WV1 3rd May 2017 15.30:29

Carl Darlington...

.... has left TNS...
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 3rd May 2017 15.32:21

Re: Carl Darlington...

He's coming home.

LWR 3rd May 2017 15.33:04

Its so on.............

gazwxm 3rd May 2017 15.34:16

article says he's left as a free agent, fingers crossed Keates has sounded him out, would be a massive step forward

Hometown Unicorn 3rd May 2017 15.35:47

Carl Darlington and Manny Smith.

The band are getting back together!

dixierob 3rd May 2017 15.36:19

Hope so !!

dixienormous 3rd May 2017 15.37:10

Im hard, and I don't mean like Joshua.

OneLoveWrexham 3rd May 2017 15.38:19

Thank you to everyone @tnsfc & the best of luck for the future

The club is in its strongest position as I leave looking for a new challenge

'New challenge' so on......

John Neals Dynasty 3rd May 2017 15.40:01

I hope you're right but I can't see him coming back after the way he was let go.

dixienormous 3rd May 2017 15.41:22

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2021993]I hope you're right but I can't see him coming back after the way he was let go.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

That was Mills, end of.

OneLoveWrexham 3rd May 2017 15.42:33

I think he'd love to come back, he'd have the freedom this time to work with Keates and progress the club.

Connah's Quay Red 3rd May 2017 15.43:03

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2021993]I hope you're right but I can't see him coming back after the way he was let go.

Me too, apparently Mills really pissed him off. Like a lot of people related to the club.

The club would have liked to him have stayed, but in Mills' words "I manage and Caskey coaches". He obviously didn't want anyone showing him up up or interrupting their social life with training and what not.

tokyored 3rd May 2017 15.43:29

Heard a rumour about this about a month ago. Although he's just liked a tweet about the new port vale manager so who knows.

gazwxm 3rd May 2017 15.44:03

the timing of this seems perfect, Keates obviously rates him too, it's so on!

Hometown Unicorn 3rd May 2017 15.46:45

[QUOTE=tokyored;2021997]Heard a rumour about this about a month ago. Although he's just liked a tweet about the new port vale manager so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Michael Brown completed his badges in Wales and could just be a personal friend. He bigged up the FAW system of earning coaching badges in the mirror.

Colin D 3rd May 2017 15.47:18

Keep your fingers crossed!!:drool5:

LWR 3rd May 2017 16.00:02

[QUOTE=tokyored;2021997]Heard a rumour about this about a month ago. Although he's just liked a tweet about the new port vale manager so who knows.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=owain94;2021999]Michael Brown completed his badges in Wales and could just be a personal friend. He bigged up the FAW system of earning coaching badges in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

Well it was nice while it lasted.

All of 29 minutes.

Hampshire Red 3rd May 2017 16.04:55

Brown already has 2 assistants (Chris Morgan and David Kelly) from his Sheff Utd playing days so why would he need Carl?

Hometown Unicorn 3rd May 2017 16.11:03

As a coach I'd suspect if he did go there, but the point I was making is that he was probably just liking the fact his friend's getting some media attention. Because he's a top bloke and all that.

Neil 3rd May 2017 16.12:35

[QUOTE=Connah's Quay Red;2021996]Me too, apparently Mills really pissed him off. Like a lot of people related to the club.

The club would have liked to him have stayed, but in Mills' words "I manage and Caskey coaches". He obviously didn't want anyone showing him up up [B]or interrupting their social life with training and what not[/B].[/QUOTE]

Very good!

:D :D :D

gwersyllt red 3rd May 2017 16.13:05

This rumour was floating around just after Keates took over and if I remember rightly he said he wouldn't leave TNS half way through the season.

It must be on

WV1 3rd May 2017 16.14:17

This would be the one key signing Keates could make in my opinion.

Wrexham would have an identity and a way of playing with the appointment of Darlington.

fezbob 3rd May 2017 16.19:30

I reckon it could well be on. Heard he was open to the idea after Keates took over and reached out to him.

dixienormous 3rd May 2017 16.23:16

[QUOTE=fezbob;2022020]I reckon it could well be on. Heard he was open to the idea after Keates took over and reached out to him.

Does Darlington like strikers and wingers dya know?

gazwxm 3rd May 2017 16.24:17

[QUOTE=WV1;2022015]This would be the one key signing Keates could make in my opinion.

Wrexham would have an identity and a way of playing with the appointment of Darlington.

was just about to write that, if we have our backroom staff sorted it's going to affect the potential of the playerson the pitch.

Ive only ever heard good things about Darlington so let's hope Keates has gone to the board and expressed how important Darlington could be to us!

LWR 3rd May 2017 16.39:56

Serious question.

How would people feel if the Build The Budget fund was used to secure Carls signature.

Hometown Unicorn 3rd May 2017 16.41:04

[QUOTE=LWR;2022030]Serious question.

How would people feel if the Build The Budget fund was used to secure Carls signature.[/QUOTE]

The lot of it? Aggrieved.

Some of it? Game on.

Signing Carl would be like signing a decent first team player. He'd bring so much to the set up.

subbuteorob 3rd May 2017 16.41:59

But has he resigned from the Wales set up as well ? I thought that was the reason he didn't wish to commit to Wrexham other than on a very part-time basis ?

pawn star 3rd May 2017 16.45:44

Would love the money to go to Carl Darlington, he proved his worth when he came in to help Wilkin out and the change he brought to the side was very positive especially the way we played Stoke and the complements given by the TV pundits after the game. If Darlington would not have been on Wales Duty to the lead up of the Trophy final I believe we would have won. Keates thinks very highly of him and I think they both would work extremely well together to make a serious challenge next year. Just hope he comes here.

aberred 3rd May 2017 16.48:08

Talking to his dad a while back was.nt giving much away said maybe he will come back

Come on Carl lets have you back .where you belong x

TALYSARN CELTS 3rd May 2017 16.48:45

I've heard a rumour he's off to a local premier league team.

Connah's Quay Red 3rd May 2017 16.49:33

[QUOTE=LWR;2022030]Serious question.

How would people feel if the Build The Budget fund was used to secure Carls signature.[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think last time he was here he was on £200pw.

Junior Shabadoo 3rd May 2017 16.54:28

It's all set up for a whole heap of moaning when he goes somewhere else.

Connah's Quay Red 3rd May 2017 16.56:44

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2022038]It's all set up for a whole heap of moaning when he goes somewhere else.

Of course. Wouldn't be RP if that wasn't the case...

NottsRed 3rd May 2017 17.01:51

If we could get him back he would bring a massive amount of experience, coaching and tactics too the club. Personally i don't think it will happen but i wouldn't have any issues with using the Build The Budget fund for this. Hell id chuck some more in if i knew it could get him here.

draigwrecsam 3rd May 2017 17.05:00

I assume he's keeping his FAW job and so, as last time, he'd only do a couple of days a week.

Connah's Quay Red 3rd May 2017 17.06:18

[QUOTE=draigwrecsam;2022043]I assume he's keeping his FAW job and so, as last time, he'd only do a couple of days a week.[/QUOTE]

We only train a couple of days a week...

But yes, his FAW job will dictate his days and hours, that's why he was only part time with us last time around.

Keyser Söze 3rd May 2017 17.07:43

This can only help our cause, hopefully the rumours are true

KingBuxton_Forever red 3rd May 2017 17.09:09

I dont understand the Darlington love in. Shoot me.

Funny_Old_Game 3rd May 2017 17.15:23

Break the bank for him. He's better than like 3 extra players.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.57:24.