RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Think the club needs a PR/Communication expert (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109690-think-club-needs-pr-communication-expert.html)

Welsh Kiwi 8th May 2017 13.19:17

Re: Think the club needs a PR/Communication expert

The hardest thing to control in football is rumour wether its factual or just gossip.

Everyone wants to be "in the know" of what is going on.

The first thing most football fans will say to one another is "Have you heard that...?"

Especially with our club being a Community Owned football club, there is the sense of it being a collective and community voice that we are all part of and to some degree or lesser degree that we all have a direct influence on.

There are also so many people now connected to our club that keeping everything top secret is actually impossible.

I once congratulated Brian Flynn on being made Wales U21 coach when I bumped into him coming out of a lift in the Dorchester Hotel. He smiled and said "Blimey how do you know?" and I said I had read it on Red Passion the day before. He then said "Well the funny thing is I have only just come down the lift from having the job interview with the Welsh FA."

Years ago, we shared football news on the school yard or later on in life down the pub with mates, or we waited for the local newspaper to publish the rumour or fact. Many an editor has loved publishing rumour.

These days with this ever increasing connectivity tool 'the internet' and the significant voice of the fans forums, everything goes around like wild fire.

Any PR expert that was brought in would either be very expensive, unless they were a fan of the club and willing to work pro bono or would have a very challenging role.

RED2309 8th May 2017 13.47:50

[QUOTE=The Real Deal;2023148]Spot on!! the excitement over a league of Wales coach joining us is quite embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

As was the OTT reaction when he went.

I would prefer to call him a coach recognised at international level rather than LOW.:)

The bear 8th May 2017 14.56:18

I've heard a rumour we might be not get the kit in before the season as Macron will be very busy in the new role as French President. Hopefully the club can make a statement to put our minds at rest.

podders 8th May 2017 15.06:53

[QUOTE=The bear;2023731]I've heard a rumour we might be not get the kit in before the season as Macron will be very busy in the new role as French President. Hopefully the club can make a statement to put our minds at rest.[/QUOTE]

The shirts will now be made by Le Pen International Sports. the logo reads LE PENIS

John Neals Dynasty 8th May 2017 16.47:34

They Don't need one we have the ITK loose lips sinks ships Crewe on RP 👦
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

3pmsaturday 9th May 2017 14.10:03

The club and indeed the Trust have for many years ignored a PR/marketing function. I would like to have someone even on the club board but certainly co-opted onto the trust board to run this side of things. People who poo poo these roles perhaps do not understand what they can achieve.

Nike appointed a PR Director having previously not had one as an $800m company after a lawsuit from the Beatles massively increased their turnover. Not the only reason obviously but the company was worth $8b ten years later having moved from elite sport to the 'Just Do It' (ie anyone can) strap line.

The club does so many great things that we can push.

ugarte007 9th May 2017 14.13:09

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2024141]The club and indeed the Trust have for many years ignored a PR/marketing function. I would like to have someone even on the club board but certainly co-opted onto the trust board to run this side of things. People who poo poo these roles perhaps do not understand what they can achieve.

Nike appointed a PR Director having previously not had one as an $800m company after a lawsuit from the Beatles massively increased their turnover. Not the only reason obviously but the company was worth $8b ten years later having moved from elite sport to the 'Just Do It' (ie anyone can) strap line.

The club does so many great things that we can push.[/QUOTE]

Indeed

Haruki 9th May 2017 14.40:50

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2024141]The club and indeed the Trust have for many years ignored a PR/marketing function. I would like to have someone even on the club board but certainly co-opted onto the trust board to run this side of things. People who poo poo these roles perhaps do not understand what they can achieve.

The club does so many great things that we can push.[/QUOTE]

I believe Robin Wiggs was previously on the Trust board in that capacity and doing a great job so that is the role that needs replacing?

Welsh Kiwi 9th May 2017 14.49:44

Phil Knight knows the value of PR to a brand like Nike.

Although its not rocket science.

We have one of the greatest club stories in football. We just havent realised yet quite how to sell it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.27:11.