Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2017, 09.09:52   #73-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: George Harry gone

Whether its the correct decision or not only time will tell.

Best of luck to George I hope he goes on to prove Dean wrong and make a decent career in the game (please not for Chester though!).

We will see, Dean will live and die by his decisions, and his signings, of which there will be many of over the coming weeks.
Old 9th May 2017, 09.11:32   #74-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Oh and 8. I will give you that Evans as captain was a bad choice. Perhaps Keates felt he would thrive. But it was a mistake. And Keates getting rid of him shows he's willing to admit to mistakes. So from that there's a positive.

It may have proved to be a mistake in hindsight even though some criticised it at the start.
Evans was a Good club man and gave his all for the team both on and off the field. Unfortunately his football ability let him down and he has failed to progress. Off the field he set a very good example in representing the club.
A captains job encompasses all aspects of the club and Keates was probably looking for some continuity. I don't think it was that bad a choice. After all apart from tossing up at the start of a game there is little the skipper is involved in apart from talking to the ref.
The senior players all have a collective responsibility for driving the team on the pitch.
Old 9th May 2017, 09.17:04   #75-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Decisions to let youth players go are made not just on their ability and potential.

Things like temperament, behaviour and professionalism would also be taken into account.

I doubt very much that the decision on any of these players would have been taken by one person alone, but more the collective thoughts of everyone involved in their development to date.
Old 9th May 2017, 09.48:44   #76-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Oh and 8. I will give you that Evans as captain was a bad choice. Perhaps Keates felt he would thrive. But it was a mistake. And Keates getting rid of him shows he's willing to admit to mistakes. So from that there's a positive.

It may have proved to be a mistake in hindsight even though some criticised it at the start.
Evans was a Good club man and gave his all for the team both on and off the field. Unfortunately his football ability let him down and he has failed to progress. Off the field he set a very good example in representing the club.
A captains job encompasses all aspects of the club and Keates was probably looking for some continuity. I don't think it was that bad a choice. After all apart from tossing up at the start of a game there is little the skipper is involved in apart from talking to the ref.
The senior players all have a collective responsibility for driving the team on the pitch.
I could see the logic and why Keates did it. It was a fair enough point. But because I have felt for a good while now that Rob isn't good enough always felt it was his first mistake.
Old 9th May 2017, 10.50:52   #77-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Caddy - scriptwriter for Ant & Dec?

Old 9th May 2017, 11.10:41   #78-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingroomonly2 View Post
I believe caddy started the thread "Rooney a disgrace of a player" and is now questioning his release.
Although to say he was MIA for at least 6 months is a total exaggeration as the season is only just over 8 months long and he left with 2 months left and possibly saved our season in the 6 weeks he played well. He was no worse than anybody else (bar tilt) in the 1st 3 and a half months til New Years and was being played in a deep lying role for some of that
Posted via mobile theme
Ok it was an exaggeration. He did what he should be doing for 6 weeks out of how many. I still see no reason to have kept him on big or average wages.

Before his 6 weeks of glory he was garbage, went missing and at times a total liability.
I ain't going to want us to keep a player clearly playing only for himself when he sees fit.
I'm glad he's gone, Chester fans told us before he kicked a ball for us that he'd turn it on when the time was right to secure himself a new contract and hey presto it was on the money.

Many on here (I'm not saying you were) were fooled by this which considering the fair stick he got on here earlier in the season shows how selective some memories can be.
Old 9th May 2017, 11.40:16   #79-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Absolutely bang on the money

Everything Mills did he was hammered for it

Everything Keates does is fantastic so say the majority on RP

Well let's go back a little bit

Rooney gets played in his proper position and scores vital goals from midfield... He has left the building

Tilt most people's choice for player of the year but was allowed to leave at a crucial time as he was not going to be here next year, surely could have been kept and at least made feel wanted,it's not as if he is playing with FGR every week but... HE has left the building

Evans was made captain by Keates, why did this happen, was it to annoy Carrington? Certainly not a meticulous decision when months later... He has left the building

Riley had started to find great form and won all the player of the year awards rightly so,,, He has left the building

Keates then tells everyone they are on trial on an interview situation and the players are playing for contacts,also he wants to give our youth an opportunity at the club and not use other clubs young players

Allen brought in as someone different and we could see he offered something different but.. He has left the building

White who has had a horrible illness fights his way back, gives us our best day of the season, he scores five goals in the last five games of the season to end the season by starting only 15 games scoring 7 and having 4 assists, a great return and most people would have kept him but... He has left the building

Finally

Harry a young player who was given a chance fleetingly was even appointed penalty taker and scored then frozen out until last game of season, he certainly fell into category of giving our young player a chance but He has left the building

Obviously Keates says he is meticulous, but his decisions don't bear this out.

Lets be honest we were all surprised when he offered
Evans the captaincy
Let Rooney and Tilt go
Let Riley and White go
And now Let Harry go

When a manager makes a lot of decisions that we as fans question then surely we can't keep saying like a mantra

In Keates we trust

I for one don't trust him at all

Here is the creme de la creme

He says if I don't get my number one target then hopefully number two then three, what a laughable thing to say

He didn't need to have a clean slate

Surely he should have tried to keep some of the players I have mentioned above and added some quality.

The more I listen to him and see his actions, I see a man who is not all he seems to be
Well you are certainly entertaining in your post. I stopped taking it seriously when you brought up Rooney who according to you was a disgrace of a player for shooting too much, yet now you praise his goal threat. I would have kept Riley but the rest of your post is just a pro Mills pile of rubbish. Mills almost cost us a relegation battle and has taken York down, what a messiah.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th May 2017, 11.44:40   #80-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Let's at least see who Keates signs and how his squad do before condemning him. Apart from Carrington and Rutherford? 2 signing I aint impressed with bench warmers at best he hasn't signed anyone. What I do hope and expect is a vast improvement on his January loan signings plus Mcleod.

It's best to sit back and let him get on with it, wait till he has at last filled the building, if the building is empty in August then we have a problem.
We need better quality in the building.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 9th May 2017 at 11.45:51..
Old 9th May 2017, 11.57:21   #81-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

I don't understand the point about trying to annoy Carrington by making Evans skipper.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.17:29.