Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2017, 10.15:13   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Time to push the local businesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Already answered above but: posters in the window, sponsorship, advertising, raffle prizes etc.
Yeah I suppose that would help. Do we still have a paid role at the club like that lady we had a while ago ?
Old 9th May 2017, 12.04:11   #20-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelegged harry View Post
Yes great idea but before we do any chasing of businesses let us get our house
in order first,last summer we lost bill board advertising due I believe to chasing
new business and perhaps lack of support within the sales team(if there is one
and if not why?)I know of one businessman who despite supporting our team
financially for several years was never asked to renew and please do'nt say he
should have phoned up, sorry but we employ someone to do this and I think
the easiest and first job must be renewals.So how much did we lose through
not renewing billboards (at an average of £1500 each)
So you're saying that fans are being asked to raid their piggy banks yet again for BTB but no one picked up the phone to ask if billboard sponsors wanted to renew, so some of those sponsors didn't bother renewing and I can't blame them.

Fuming if this is true.
Old 9th May 2017, 12.27:53   #21-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  

I'm a Wrexham fan, and have been one for 60 years, man and boy.
I run a business, but not in Wrexham, and have done so for most of the last 30 years.
I took almost 2 years away from my business in an effort to persuade fans to get behind the club and raise £thousands towards improving the squad. It led to the formation of the Trust and club ownership by the fans.

To paraphrase a famous saying by John F Kennedy: " Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club."

On several occasions in the last three or four years, I have offered the club a facility to increase it's revenue, only for the offers to be ignored completely. That's to say they didn't even bother to acknowledge the offers. Nevertheless, I continue to seek ways in which to help.

Last November, I discussed the club's history and present with an overseas party with a strong involvement in football at a very senior level who showed some interest in becoming financially involved with it. After passing that information on to a club director, it took weeks and several reminders from me before the club made any kind of response to my initial email. In that response, the person replying did so in a quite aggressive way - not in a way that encouraged any further effort to pursue the other party. In the event, the other party had assumed that the club was not interested because of the long delay. I told the club about this, but there has been no reply to that message. The entire performance has put me off any further approaches. In the same correspondence, I reminded the director that my own membership of WTS may have lapsed as I could no longer access the members area on the website, though I was still receiving emails. Though I had been assured by the independent secretary that this would be looked at, there has been no response about my membership either. As it was the third time in 6 months that I'd raised the matter, the Trust has gone without any funds from me. Is this an appropriate way of "looking after" those who try to help the club?

Someone mentioned that the club needs a good PR officer. It might have the money to pay for one if it and the Trust acted correctly with regard to investment approaches and membership queries.

I remain a club fan, and support the fans ownership model 100%, but I now question the suitability of some of the people who are running the show.

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 9th May 2017 at 12.30:53..
Old 9th May 2017, 12.43:21   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Is it time for some people at the top to look at themselves and ask 'have I done/contributed as much as I could, could someone move us on further?
Old 9th May 2017, 12.47:28   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
So you're saying that fans are being asked to raid their piggy banks yet again for BTB but no one picked up the phone to ask if billboard sponsors wanted to renew, so some of those sponsors didn't bother renewing and I can't blame them.

Fuming if this is true.
Yes it is true 100%.
Old 9th May 2017, 12.50:14   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelegged harry View Post
Yes it is true 100%.
To be honest, if it's the same business I heard about, he sent the money in for a few seasons without being asked then finally gave up.
Old 9th May 2017, 12.50:46   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2024100]Yes it is true 100%.[/QUOT

Read 2 posts on here that cause massive concern, one even has evidence. Why are we not running like a ambitious business off the pitch ? Its the foundations of everything, money = chance of success its simple. If we ignore these things then we will picking our own pockets forever. We need a paid role up top In my opinion. The money we are losing at present should cover the wage.
Old 9th May 2017, 12.54:21   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I run a business, but not in Wrexham, and have done so for most of the last 30 years.
I took almost 2 years away from my business in an effort to persuade fans to get behind the club and raise £thousands towards improving the squad. It led to the formation of the Trust and club ownership by the fans.

To paraphrase a famous saying by John F Kennedy: " Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club."

On several occasions in the last three or four years, I have offered the club a facility to increase it's revenue, only for the offers to be ignored completely. That's to say they didn't even bother to acknowledge the offers. Nevertheless, I continue to seek ways in which to help.

Last November, I discussed the club's history and present with an overseas party with a strong involvement in football at a very senior level who showed some interest in becoming financially involved with it. After passing that information on to a club director, it took weeks and several reminders from me before the club made any kind of response to my initial email. In that response, the person replying did so in a quite aggressive way - not in a way that encouraged any further effort to pursue the other party. In the event, the other party had assumed that the club was not interested because of the long delay. I told the club about this, but there has been no reply to that message. The entire performance has put me off any further approaches. In the same correspondence, I reminded the director that my own membership of WTS may have lapsed as I could no longer access the members area on the website, though I was still receiving emails. Though I had been assured by the independent secretary that this would be looked at, there has been no response about my membership either. As it was the third time in 6 months that I'd raised the matter, the Trust has gone without any funds from me. Is this an appropriate way of "looking after" those who try to help the club?

Someone mentioned that the club needs a good PR officer. It might have the money to pay for one if it and the Trust acted correctly with regard to investment approaches and membership queries.

I remain a club fan, and support the fans ownership model 100%, but I now question the suitability of some of the people who are running the show.
This is a disturbing story and very serious questions need to be asked of the
director(s) involved.
I get the feeling that certain people running our club think it's their own to
do as they see fit.Well unless change happens we will be extinct.
Old 9th May 2017, 12.59:10   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post

Even more fuming after reading this story if true.

I was considering a season ticket for the first time in 3 years but I'm starting to think something is stinking rotten at the top of this club .........."jobs for the boys" springs to mind

I've heard a few people comment over the last 12 months that we are now run by a small group of power crazed individuals who are living their dream of being at the top of the club they support but are in reality are totally out of their depth and are hanging onto the dream whether it is damaging the club or not.

I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with it all.

Starting to think it needs a big shake up
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.56:40.