Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2017, 13.10:48   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Time to push the local businesses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I'm a Wrexham fan, and have been one for 60 years, man and boy.
I run a business, but not in Wrexham, and have done so for most of the last 30 years.
I took almost 2 years away from my business in an effort to persuade fans to get behind the club and raise £thousands towards improving the squad. It led to the formation of the Trust and club ownership by the fans.

To paraphrase a famous saying by John F Kennedy: " Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club."

On several occasions in the last three or four years, I have offered the club a facility to increase it's revenue, only for the offers to be ignored completely. That's to say they didn't even bother to acknowledge the offers. Nevertheless, I continue to seek ways in which to help.

Last November, I discussed the club's history and present with an overseas party with a strong involvement in football at a very senior level who showed some interest in becoming financially involved with it. After passing that information on to a club director, it took weeks and several reminders from me before the club made any kind of response to my initial email. In that response, the person replying did so in a quite aggressive way - not in a way that encouraged any further effort to pursue the other party. In the event, the other party had assumed that the club was not interested because of the long delay. I told the club about this, but there has been no reply to that message. The entire performance has put me off any further approaches. In the same correspondence, I reminded the director that my own membership of WTS may have lapsed as I could no longer access the members area on the website, though I was still receiving emails. Though I had been assured by the independent secretary that this would be looked at, there has been no response about my membership either. As it was the third time in 6 months that I'd raised the matter, the Trust has gone without any funds from me. Is this an appropriate way of "looking after" those who try to help the club?

Someone mentioned that the club needs a good PR officer. It might have the money to pay for one if it and the Trust acted correctly with regard to investment approaches and membership queries.

I remain a club fan, and support the fans ownership model 100%, but I now question the suitability of some of the people who are running the show.
Can only take you for your word on the top part of your post but as for the below part I agree the membership element of the Trust is severely struggling. You here so often of new members not receiving their members cards, membership numbers are extremely low at a time when we could easily target 10k members and most members never mind non members don't have a clue what the benefits of being a member are. I really hope that after the WST elections there can be a refresh on the membership team and this important area is given top priority in the Trust
Old 9th May 2017, 13.31:53   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Ambition is the most important word in football and in business.

Without ambition there is no optimisim and it then becomes a question of consolidation.

The biggest ambition we have is to get back into the Football League. To do that our ambition must be to raise as much revenue as possible.

It requires a professional skillset to achieve that.

We are at a huge advantage as a Community Owned Club in terms of having a n open arms approach to attract our local business, provided we can leverage that through our professional skillsets as volunteers. If the volunteering dosent work then it requires full time professionals.

This all requires logistics and logistics are very challenging for Volunteers when they have 2 jobs, and only one pays income.

We all know the Club and the WST both want the same thing, even if there are different boards governining the decision making. Promotion.

With the huge turn out at Wembley in recent years there was definately the opportunity to pursue 5,000 and then 10,000 Club owners through £12 a year membership. That required ambition.

The only way we will make a huge stride forward as a club is when we can all make one huge stride together in one huge mass of fans.

That is the very Strength of a community.

Loving a club for life is a massive committment that provides a huge amount of energy, loyalty and dedication. We all know Wrexham fans are massively committed.

Ambition is where its at.
Old 9th May 2017, 14.03:28   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Need to be more professional losing money is no good
Old 9th May 2017, 14.33:28   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way

In that response, the person replying did so in a quite aggressive way

If this is the case, then that person should be held to account, as to why this was either ignored, or, if it was considered why wasn't it put to the membership?
Old 9th May 2017, 14.55:53   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

If all of these stories are true surely the Supporters Trust should be charging the club board to provide an urgent explanation on every accusation listed here.
Fans are providing funds over and over and if the situation is as stated in this thread of being dilatory or incompetent it is totally unacceptable and should not be ignored.
Old 9th May 2017, 16.43:39   #33-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

I would love to hear from any Company who has not been asked to pay for their Board ? Boards up from £32k to £46 k last season ? Geoff Scott
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th May 2017, 16.50:03   #34-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrye53 View Post
I would love to hear from any Company who has not been asked to pay for their Board ? Boards up from £32k to £46 k last season ? Geoff Scott
Posted via mobile theme
I will pass on your message to the person I know to ask if they mind me using them, if they say yes I'll gladly out the truth.
Old 9th May 2017, 16.50:17   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I'm a Wrexham fan, and have been one for 60 years, man and boy.
I run a business, but not in Wrexham, and have done so for most of the last 30 years.
I took almost 2 years away from my business in an effort to persuade fans to get behind the club and raise £thousands towards improving the squad. It led to the formation of the Trust and club ownership by the fans.

To paraphrase a famous saying by John F Kennedy: " Ask not what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club."

On several occasions in the last three or four years, I have offered the club a facility to increase it's revenue, only for the offers to be ignored completely. That's to say they didn't even bother to acknowledge the offers. Nevertheless, I continue to seek ways in which to help.

Last November, I discussed the club's history and present with an overseas party with a strong involvement in football at a very senior level who showed some interest in becoming financially involved with it. After passing that information on to a club director, it took weeks and several reminders from me before the club made any kind of response to my initial email. In that response, the person replying did so in a quite aggressive way - not in a way that encouraged any further effort to pursue the other party. In the event, the other party had assumed that the club was not interested because of the long delay. I told the club about this, but there has been no reply to that message. The entire performance has put me off any further approaches. In the same correspondence, I reminded the director that my own membership of WTS may have lapsed as I could no longer access the members area on the website, though I was still receiving emails. Though I had been assured by the independent secretary that this would be looked at, there has been no response about my membership either. As it was the third time in 6 months that I'd raised the matter, the Trust has gone without any funds from me. Is this an appropriate way of "looking after" those who try to help the club?

Someone mentioned that the club needs a good PR officer. It might have the money to pay for one if it and the Trust acted correctly with regard to investment approaches and membership queries.

I remain a club fan, and support the fans ownership model 100%, but I now question the suitability of some of the people who are running the show.
How many more times has this happened? Only month's ago, towards the end of last year in fact we were all told no such potential investment apart from the 2 that amounted to nothing had come forward during WST ownership.
Old 9th May 2017, 16.55:44   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

That's not a problem . Also if anyone from R P wants to come in as a representative they can come in and see spread sheet of all Companies that are covered for pitch side boards . Also the spreadsheet of 100 s of companies that have been contacted !!
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.36:52.