Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th May 2017, 10.17:45   #19-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham in Portugal !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post
goood god imagine if we'd actually achieved something

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tour of Asia next summer if we win the league
Old 10th May 2017, 10.54:19   #20-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

I'm not even sure who is joking anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10th May 2017, 11.44:44   #21-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimbledone View Post
That stadium was built for the Euros, not sure who has use of it now. Interesting to see who the opposition would be.
I'm not sure they will be playing at the Estadio do Algarve. Unless things have changed recently, there are currently no Professional Clubs using it as a home venue. I thought I read somewhere that the game would be played at the Albufeira Municipal Stadium?

A Portuguese I spoke to a couple of years ago said the Estadio do Algarve was now nothing more than a huge White Elephant, costing the region something like €10,000 a day to maintain. He wasnt impressed that it was even built as he said no-one wanted to take it on afterwards.

Farense and Olhao have used it occasionally since the Euros in 2004.
Portimonense used it too for about half a season a few years ago while their Stadium was being developed.
I also think Gibraltar played their first Euro Champs game there, but thats about it. Sad really because it's a nice venue.
Old 10th May 2017, 11.59:50   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Where dose it say on there, the date of the game, venue & opponent ?
Old 10th May 2017, 12.00:29   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbobisback View Post
Game is on July 11th. No opponents announced yet. Game will be played in Villamora on the Algarve
Posted via mobile theme
Ok, cheers
Old 10th May 2017, 12.10:05   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Wouldn't be surprised if the training base is at Vale do Lobo, just down the road from Vila moura, been there a few times on holiday, there's quite a few football pitches there, looks a decent training facility, used to go to a gym there called Barringtons and noticed a load of team pictures on the walls that have trained there, Liverpool and United to name 2, in fact that where Bellamy had his 'spat' with John Arne Riise.
Old 10th May 2017, 12.17:28   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeside_dragon View Post
Where dose it say on there, the date of the game, venue & opponent ?
The game is at the local Sports Hall. They've entered a five a side tournament.

Dunn in goal, Carrington, Smith, Rutherford (if he actually signs), Keates making a comeback and Geraint on the bench.
Old 10th May 2017, 12.21:28   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
The game is at the local Sports Hall. They've entered a five a side tournament.

Dunn in goal, Carrington, Smith, Rutherford (if he actually signs), Keates making a comeback and Geraint on the bench.
Yeah that's what i'm worried about. And why I haven't booked anything yet.
It could well turn out to be another T&T farce !
Old 10th May 2017, 13.45:49   #27-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
I'm not sure they will be playing at the Estadio do Algarve. Unless things have changed recently, there are currently no Professional Clubs using it as a home venue. I thought I read somewhere that the game would be played at the Albufeira Municipal Stadium?

A Portuguese I spoke to a couple of years ago said the Estadio do Algarve was now nothing more than a huge White Elephant, costing the region something like €10,000 a day to maintain. He wasnt impressed that it was even built as he said no-one wanted to take it on afterwards.

Farense and Olhao have used it occasionally since the Euros in 2004.
Portimonense used it too for about half a season a few years ago while their Stadium was being developed.
I also think Gibraltar played their first Euro Champs game there, but thats about it. Sad really because it's a nice venue.

Mate lives out there who I visit twice a year and lives 20 mins from Estadio do Algarve and this was built for Euros and this only, went to a few games that year and its a great stadium the Greeks v Spain was a great atmosphere. There is a small stadium which ive walked past in Vilamoura a few times which is the standard of perhaps your average Welsh Premier status perhaps in might be there, im guessing it maybe the municipal stadium in Albufeira which is similar status, anyway eight of us staying in Quarteira not bothered not far to both.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.39:05.