Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th May 2017, 19.37:45   #172-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
We shall see, if so the club needs to be put up for sale immediately.
Talk about double over reaction ! A rather average ageing stop gap player has turned down what was probably a realistic offer from DK. I will not lose a minutes sleep. my only concern is that my Labrador is a bit fed up and is threatening not to renew his season ticket as a result.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 19.55:25   #173-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Bit puzzled with this one-can understand only paying what player worth BUT given Dean stated a while ago wanted to keep him why we did not go the extra mile. With BTB and Taylor money surely could have done. Important to keep eye on budget but you do not want to sign a team of value of money players and end up with likes of Bakare, Hudson, Harrad, Rutherford etc.
Other worry is felt like Morrell when said yesterday only matter of ironing few details. Might be paranoid but Wrexham fans have good reason to be unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 21.02:51   #174-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Real Name: Kevin Wynn
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Lets face it the team are a mid table outfit at best and there has been a need for a complete clear out. Years of poor leadership have left the club in this position so one can only but hope that the new, be it, untried manager can recruit well and turn the good ship around.
All true. We must hope DK finally ends 10 years in the wilderness and 13-14 years of decline. Tough job. Tough little cookie!
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 21.59:42   #175-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Bit puzzled with this one-can understand only paying what player worth BUT given Dean stated a while ago wanted to keep him why we did not go the extra mile. With BTB and Taylor money surely could have done. Important to keep eye on budget but you do not want to sign a team of value of money players and end up with likes of Bakare, Hudson, Harrad, Rutherford etc.
Other worry is felt like Morrell when said yesterday only matter of ironing few details. Might be paranoid but Wrexham fans have good reason to be unfortunately.
How many times do people have to say it wasn't a financial decision? He's said so himself.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 22.39:37   #176-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs
Real Name: tc
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
How many times do people have to say it wasn't a financial decision? He's said so himself.
What was the reason then? I have not read his comments. This is what he said last month.
“I want to be,” Penn said when asked whether he wants to be part of Keates’ plans for the future.

So a month ago he wanted to be here next season.
Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 23.23:53   #177-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
Connah's Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
What was the reason then? I have not read his comments. This is what he said last month.
“I want to be,” Penn said when asked whether he wants to be part of Keates’ plans for the future.

So a month ago he wanted to be here next season.
I think someone has shown an interest in him closer to home.

Let's say we offered him £750pw which he was happy with, but a team (eg York or Guiseley) has came in an offered £600, but he'll save 15/20 hours commuting to training/home matches.
__________________
Ends.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 05.52:24   #178-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connah's Quay Red View Post
I think someone has shown an interest in him closer to home.

Let's say we offered him £750pw which he was happy with, but a team (eg York or Guiseley) has came in an offered £600, but he'll save 15/20 hours commuting to training/home matches.
You may well be right but the Labrador is still refusing to renew until we sign Ronalldo , end the bubble, have all announcements in Welsh and reinstate Robbie (OOOO) as lifetime captain along with CD as coach and of course chips for a quid.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 07.35:27   #179-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
What was the reason then? I have not read his comments. This is what he said last month.
“I want to be,” Penn said when asked whether he wants to be part of Keates’ plans for the future.

So a month ago he wanted to be here next season.
before the end of the season though, he is going to say nothing else.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 07.39:49   #180-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Russell Penn leaving

Blimey!! It's football, players come, players go, even our legends left in the end!
Eat, sleep, get up and go again. If not Penn then sleeps else.
__________________
COYR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.15:19.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12