RP Logo
RP Lite Mode
RP is in 'lite' mode, this is to keep the RP site running during periods of high use ie. Live Match Threads!
You do not have to do anything as normal RP service will be resumed just after the final whistle.

Quick RP Links: Wrexham, Offtopic, Live Match Thread, PM Inbox.

Page 24 of 26
« First < 1421222324 2526 >
Wrexham > Russell Penn leaving

Post by Hampshire Red 10.39:19 :

Doesn't sound as if he was ever very near coming here. Let's move on

[Reply]

Post by Bryn Tirion 10.41:29 :

Originally Posted by EnglishRed:
He played for them last year as well. Oh well.

Why do we always seem to be competing with Gateshead for players nowadays?
And losing out.

[Reply]

Post by Hometown Unicorn 10.43:43 :

Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion:
And losing out.
We've only lost out twice to them. Fyfield who wanted the security a 2 year deal and Penn who presumably wanted either a shorter commute or accommodation. York and Smith were released.

[Reply]

Post by John Neals Dynasty 10.44:26 :

Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman:
Although, he won't have to fight his way through the M62..:-):-)

Yes a good point
Posted via mobile theme

[Reply]

Post by Phils-an-alki 10.44:26 :

Are we really that bothered? Its not like we've lost a Dean Keates type who was crucial to the team. He can be replaced easily as his legs have gone anyway. Wasn't that obvious?

[Reply]

Post by DenbighRed 10.48:38 :

Fair enough, he's gone, not too bothered as I think we can get better.

What puzzles me is Keates saying in the Leader that a deal was close and it was a case of ironing out a few details. It sounds to me like he was never actually that close and Gateshead have offered a package we weren't going to match.

Seems like a bit of inexperience on DK's part in terms of expectation management. As a young manager I think he'll have learnt a lesson and will probably be a bit more cautious commenting on potential signings next time.

[Reply]

Post by bartonbank 10.49:51 :

he started well for us and then struggled from what I saw. His head also had really funny angles on it, I'm guessing, as it is the only way the direction of some of his headers can be explained.

[Reply]

Post by John Neals Dynasty 10.49:52 :

You don't get it Phil no matter what you or I or anyone thought of him Dean wanted him in the Building, of course he will look elsewhere but Dean wanted him so he obviously rates him, so maybe Dean sees things we don't, it's amazing how everytime a player doesn't sign for us arr well he was shit anyway.

We ain't Real Madrid we aren't going to be able to sign the likes of Ronaldo of non league.

But the point is Keates wanted him and the player said on a few occasions he wanted to stay, he had the M62 to contend with then.
Posted via mobile theme

[Reply]

Post by John Neals Dynasty 10.53:12 :

Originally Posted by Ronaldo to Wrexham:
Says he loved his time at Gateshead too - and unlike here where this is a complete overhaul he will see a number of familiar team mates when he goes back.

Fair points, we're an unknown quantity next season but he knows Gateshead weren't far away from the play offs to.
Posted via mobile theme

[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 1421222324 2526 >
Up

SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12