RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Russell Penn leaving (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109701-russell-penn-leaving.html)

diablo1981 10th May 2017 06.54:06

[QUOTE=fezbob;2024403]Not worried about us finding a replacement, but we're seriously not doing well at retaining players the last couple of seasons.

For some reason I reckon he might end up at Hartlepool.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I was just saying this earlier.

We seem to have this mass exodus at the end of every season and no continuity.

Still don't think things are right behind the scenes.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Cress 10th May 2017 06.55:38

Re: Russell Penn leaving

Let's be realistic, he looked good in a very poor team. Rutherford looked good in a poor southport team, Rooney looked good in a poor Chester team etc.
There is better players out there, and I imagine Keates has a good list of alternative players he'd like to bring in.

redtalk 10th May 2017 06.55:41

[QUOTE=Screwe Alexander;2024405]I might be in a minority but I'm disappointed. He made a massive difference when he first signed and because he had virtually no support in central midfield he was having to do the work of three men. I'm not sure how good N'golo Kante would look at the base of a diamond with Barry, Shenton and Evans in front of him.[/QUOTE]

Players can seem totally different in separate teams that is for sure. It stands to reason if you are playing with inferior players, you will suffer too.

Redted 10th May 2017 06.56:28

[QUOTE=diablo1981;2024406]I was just saying this earlier.

We seem to have this mass exodus at the end of every season and no continuity.

Still don't think things are right behind the scenes.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

If Dunn doesn't sign you may be right

Rex Ham 10th May 2017 07.00:52

I'm disappointed too. Not so much in losing the player, we've lost better in the past but he was one of our better players last season.

What disappoints me is DK obviously believed it was a done deal judging by his quotes, so what went wrong after that.

Also if we really can't offer a deal attractive enough to keep players like Penn then that is a bug concern

redavid 10th May 2017 07.09:29

That's Penn , rooney , Tilt , So is Dean offering competitive money ? hope He`s not a cheapskate Wenger , almost a full clear out again !! Riley didn`t even get to talk money , Did Keates think he would want more than offered ? if Dunn turns us down we have problems .

TWREX 10th May 2017 07.10:13

If DK can't hold onto our better players ,how can he bring in all of these so-called better out there players?.

Bryn Tirion 10th May 2017 07.16:47

Maybe only offered a 1 year deal and wanted a 2 year deal?

Prodigal Dragon 10th May 2017 07.23:55

Prior to twisting his ankle, Penn looked good, albeit against poor teams. After that he looked slow and not so effective. So was never totally convinced he was the midfield general we clearly need.

Not concerned about his departure, but we will need to see the calibre of players DK does attract before we again swing between triumph and disaster.

Thanks for your efforts, and good luck in the future.:)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.51:40.