RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Russell Penn leaving (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109701-russell-penn-leaving.html)

Bryn Tirion 10th May 2017 07.26:10

Re: Russell Penn leaving

[QUOTE=redavid;2024413]That's Penn , rooney , Tilt , So is Dean offering competitive money ? hope He`s not a cheapskate Wenger , almost a full clear out again !! Riley didn`t even get to talk money , Did Keates think he would want more than offered ? if Dunn turns us down we have problems .[/QUOTE]

What's the minimum number of players you can start a game with? Is it 8?

Junior Shabadoo 10th May 2017 07.26:44

[QUOTE=redavid;2024413]That's Penn , rooney , Tilt , So is Dean offering competitive money ? hope He`s not a cheapskate Wenger , almost a full clear out again !! Riley didn`t even get to talk money , Did Keates think he would want more than offered ? if Dunn turns us down we have problems .[/QUOTE]

That's the issue really. Penn leaving means nothing in isolation, but alongside the players mentioned (and Jordan Evans, who also turned down an 18 month deal) it becomes a pattern. Ultimately it is about who signs rather than who doesn't but so far these deals aren't being closed out.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WREX01 10th May 2017 07.35:51

We should definitely sign Disley now !
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ronaldo to Wrexham 10th May 2017 07.39:01

Penn looked better when Rooney was in the team (and vice versa). Difficult to judge anything until we see who comes in but last summer was totally uninspiring. Must get better this time around so Keates has a massive job on his hands. Hoping the playing budget is at least the same as last year so the build a budget scheme can make a difference. Keates clearly has a value of what he thinks a player is worth and sticks to his guns on it.

welshian 10th May 2017 07.47:00

[QUOTE=Cress;2024407]Let's be realistic, he looked good in a very poor team. Rutherford looked good in a poor southport team, Rooney looked good in a poor Chester team etc.
There is better players out there, and I imagine Keates has a good list of alternative players he'd like to bring in.[/QUOTE]

There may be better players, but we don't seem to be able to attract any of them.

Prodigal Dragon 10th May 2017 07.49:18

[QUOTE=Ronaldo to Wrexham;2024426]Penn looked better when Rooney was in the team (and vice versa). Difficult to judge anything until we see who comes in but last summer was totally uninspiring. Must get better this time around so Keates has a massive job on his hands. Hoping the playing budget is at least the same as last year so the build a budget scheme can make a difference. Keates clearly has a value of what he thinks a player is worth and sticks to his guns on it.[/QUOTE]

The Board have stated the budget will be larger. The BtB Fund adds to that undisclosed figure. We will have more cash and fewer players. Hence DK should be offering better deals; this will include 2-year deals to some players.

Let's see how things pan out before we all swing like a Dixie-pendulum!;)

Prodigal Dragon 10th May 2017 07.51:32

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2024423]That's the issue really. Penn leaving means nothing in isolation, but alongside the players mentioned (and Jordan Evans, who also turned down an 18 month deal) it becomes a pattern. Ultimately it is about who signs rather than who doesn't but so far these deals aren't being closed out.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I still think Jordan Evans should be signed; but not as a LB!:eek:

DenbighRed 10th May 2017 07.57:26

Not too worried about losing Penn personally, he started off well but he wasn't at all mobile and I do think we can find better.

What worries me is that Keates was in the Leader saying he was confident he would sign and it was a case of ironing out a few minor details. Why wasn't he able to sell the club to him?

Redordead 10th May 2017 07.57:50

Jordan Evans can't get in the Bala team!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.15:17.