Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2017, 01.26:17   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tranmere Vs Forest Green Prediction

Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13th May 2017, 04.26:45   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

FGR for me - hate the away trip (although the beer from the red bus was ok) sorry Les but you can have them in L2
Old 13th May 2017, 06.50:23   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Tranmere finished higher so they should win, and I think they will.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th May 2017, 07.26:42   #44-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: cold road

Forest Green for me.....can't wait to see what Coventry fans make of the away seat allocation there....
Old 13th May 2017, 07.44:39   #45-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  

As ours is a league involving 46 "rounds" over an entire season - and NOT a 1-off knockout competition - they should do away with the possibility of the 5th in the league being promoted ahead of the runner-up, or there's a danger of a team drawing straws for promotion in the future...

Two candidates in the South Blyth ward of Northumberland county council were forced to draw straws to decide the winner of last week's local election after they won the same number of votes. The pair were still tied after two recounts, but Liberal Democrat Lesley Rickerby chose the long straw to defeat Tory Daniel Carr
Old 13th May 2017, 07.52:37   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
As ours is a league involving 46 "rounds" over an entire season - and NOT a 1-off knockout competition - they should do away with the possibility of the 5th in the league being promoted ahead of the runner-up, or there's a danger of a team drawing straws for promotion in the future...

Two candidates in the South Blyth ward of Northumberland county council were forced to draw straws to decide the winner of last week's local election after they won the same number of votes. The pair were still tied after two recounts, but Liberal Democrat Lesley Rickerby chose the long straw to defeat Tory Daniel Carr
The play offs are here to stay and by the sounds of it 7th place could go up from next season.

Everyone starts on zero points and knows the rules before the season starts.

As gut wrenching as it is not to go up in 2nd place with 98 points the play offs extend the season for mid table teams who's season would be over in January
Old 13th May 2017, 10.10:49   #47-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

interesting article with Palios today

Lots of familiar wording there ! Particularly this paragraph

we stay down, we get no funding from the Premier League for the academy. How do I say to a parent: ‘We are out the league so we will shut the academy to save costs but if we go up we’ll open up again and you can give us your child back.’ That is not doable. The academy can lose its status and, not only that, your players can be nicked by Premier League clubs. That is insidious and I wrote to Richard Scudamore about it. It looks like sour grapes but where else do you finish second on 95 points and stay in a league? The game does a disservice to clubs and fans having this bottleneck in league five

https://www.theguardian.com/football...league-playoff
Old 13th May 2017, 10.26:28   #48-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Want FGR to win as prefer the Tranmere games next season.

However, think Tranmere will win 2-1.
Old 13th May 2017, 11.33:01   #49-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Prenton Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
My only interest is what would be best for us.......FGR have been so near too many times for there not to be a real problem somewhere in their set up. So by that token they are less a threat to us than a 'big' club like Tranmere.

I would expect Tranmere to win but like Diablo I am surprised at their ticket sales - ours would have been twice that. FGR will need an extra coach for their support.
They wouldn't, and they weren't. Didn't you take 11k to your last playoff final?
Old 13th May 2017, 11.39:14   #50-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie focks View Post
Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite a few of us by the looks of it. As much as I'd like to be rid of FGR, I'd hate to see them move up the leagues in the same way I dislike MK Dons.

Tranmere deserve it and I think they'll win quite comfortably.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.01:04.