Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2017, 07.52:37   #46-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tranmere Vs Forest Green Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
As ours is a league involving 46 "rounds" over an entire season - and NOT a 1-off knockout competition - they should do away with the possibility of the 5th in the league being promoted ahead of the runner-up, or there's a danger of a team drawing straws for promotion in the future...

Two candidates in the South Blyth ward of Northumberland county council were forced to draw straws to decide the winner of last week's local election after they won the same number of votes. The pair were still tied after two recounts, but Liberal Democrat Lesley Rickerby chose the long straw to defeat Tory Daniel Carr
The play offs are here to stay and by the sounds of it 7th place could go up from next season.

Everyone starts on zero points and knows the rules before the season starts.

As gut wrenching as it is not to go up in 2nd place with 98 points the play offs extend the season for mid table teams who's season would be over in January
Old 13th May 2017, 10.10:49   #47-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

interesting article with Palios today

Lots of familiar wording there ! Particularly this paragraph

we stay down, we get no funding from the Premier League for the academy. How do I say to a parent: ‘We are out the league so we will shut the academy to save costs but if we go up we’ll open up again and you can give us your child back.’ That is not doable. The academy can lose its status and, not only that, your players can be nicked by Premier League clubs. That is insidious and I wrote to Richard Scudamore about it. It looks like sour grapes but where else do you finish second on 95 points and stay in a league? The game does a disservice to clubs and fans having this bottleneck in league five

https://www.theguardian.com/football...league-playoff
Old 13th May 2017, 10.26:28   #48-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Want FGR to win as prefer the Tranmere games next season.

However, think Tranmere will win 2-1.
Old 13th May 2017, 11.33:01   #49-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Prenton Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
My only interest is what would be best for us.......FGR have been so near too many times for there not to be a real problem somewhere in their set up. So by that token they are less a threat to us than a 'big' club like Tranmere.

I would expect Tranmere to win but like Diablo I am surprised at their ticket sales - ours would have been twice that. FGR will need an extra coach for their support.
They wouldn't, and they weren't. Didn't you take 11k to your last playoff final?
Old 13th May 2017, 11.39:14   #50-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie focks View Post
Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite a few of us by the looks of it. As much as I'd like to be rid of FGR, I'd hate to see them move up the leagues in the same way I dislike MK Dons.

Tranmere deserve it and I think they'll win quite comfortably.
Old 13th May 2017, 11.42:23   #51-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
interesting article with Palios today

Lots of familiar wording there ! Particularly this paragraph

we stay down, we get no funding from the Premier League for the academy. How do I say to a parent: ‘We are out the league so we will shut the academy to save costs but if we go up we’ll open up again and you can give us your child back.’ That is not doable. The academy can lose its status and, not only that, your players can be nicked by Premier League clubs. That is insidious and I wrote to Richard Scudamore about it. It looks like sour grapes but where else do you finish second on 95 points and stay in a league? The game does a disservice to clubs and fans having this bottleneck in league five

https://www.theguardian.com/football...league-playoff
Let's hope he still has influence with the FA, but the league clubs will still put 2 fingers up to him and if they go up will he follow up his letter.

We should march!!!
Old 13th May 2017, 13.26:03   #52-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post

Let's hope he still has influence with the FA, but the league clubs will still put 2 fingers up to him and if they go up will he follow up his letter.

We should march!!!

One reason to hope FGR go up. As an eloquent chairman, presumably with the ear, or some influence at least, at the FA given his previous involvement his frustration can only help to draw attention to the bottleneck.

Having said that, Tranmere finished second so I hope, on that basis alone, that they are promoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13th May 2017, 13.44:12   #53-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

After watching numerous Tranmere games over the decades against us
I predict
There will defo be a very jammy Tranmere goal / penalty / extra time goal
They pull it out the bag every time
Such a spawny club - cant stand them horrible
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th May 2017, 15.10:43   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
After watching numerous Tranmere games over the decades against us
I predict
There will defo be a very jammy Tranmere goal / penalty / extra time goal
They pull it out the bag every time
Such a spawny club - cant stand them horrible
Posted via mobile theme
I think it's FGs year-just a feeling. I don't care who wins really as the 2 teams we would want reached the final. Be gutted if it was between D&R and Aldersoot as we can compete with either of them.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.38:02.