Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2017, 20.12:33   #82-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tranmere Vs Forest Green Prediction

Just read that Tranmere voted against the 3 promotion positions from non league.

If so, LOL.
Old 14th May 2017, 20.13:56   #83-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post
Just read that Tranmere voted against the 3 promotion positions from non league.

If so, LOL.
The most poetic of justice.
Old 14th May 2017, 20.16:32   #84-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvo View Post
I'd like to see where FGR are in the next 10 to 20 years. What happens when Vince's money isn't there? Small fan base. I predict another Rushden and Diamonds.
Its quite ironic that Dale Vince has taken the village team to the Football League whilst our great leader who was very critical of Forest Green has gone along with his War Chest. May be Mr Vince might be around for the long term?

It would be laughable if it hadnt happened at our Great club
Old 14th May 2017, 20.34:15   #85-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

We all want three up three down, but the EFL is probably against it for a start....best chance would have been if the NL/Conf came under their umbrella

Must admit that personally although i would love three up (not in the biblical sense of course) it would be a hell in L2 wouldnt it, 22nd and you are relegated....maybe a better way would be a bit like the Scottish League does, where 22nd in L2 has a play-off v the winners of a NL Play-offs of 3rd to 6th place....

Still, what we want and what we get are very different

As for FGR i loathe them, its all very well seeing a millionaire investing in a non league club, but they should take care to choose one that is Sustainable i.e. It has a fair chance of being able to carry on if he/she decides to leave a few years later, rather than an unsustainable one like FGR that will implode when DV leaves as it hasnt got the support or resources to survive without him....
Old 14th May 2017, 20.38:23   #86-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the FGR fans and I'm not mocking them for the fact there fan base is small. Vince Dale to be fair has invested a fair amount of money in them and is planning a 10,000 new stadium near Stonehouse. But the fact is he won't be there forever and unless there fan base increases or a new investor is found they might find themselves in serious trouble somewhere down the line.
Take this dramatic and tragic tail...A return to the quiet life: the rise, fall and rebirth of Gretna football (From HeraldScotland)
Old 14th May 2017, 20.46:06   #87-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Regardless of where FGR will be in 5 - 10 years time with Dale Vince's backing where do people think Wrexham will be in the same time span ?

We have to get our act together - and fast, otherwise we are in danger of being overtaken by further FGR type club's - and there's plenty of them rising rapidly to the top - Fylde and Ebbsfleet join us with money - Salford will arrive and no doubt others will climb and long established clubs such as Leyton Orient and perhaps Coventry City will crumble.

Next season promises to be 'massive' with a manager with little experience and a squad that currently doesn't exist and will have to be built from the foundations yet again. Andy Morrell was a great player but didn't know when to hang his boots up and had little ability to bring in new players at the right time - DK hopefully has better management skills but has a massive rebuild on his hands. The number of players he released already suggests he is very confident in bringing in better quality in sufficient numbers.
Old 14th May 2017, 21.37:48   #88-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post

If so, LOL.
Mark Palios's wife looked absolutely gutted at the end.
Imagine how we feel after 10 seasons down here!!!
Old 14th May 2017, 21.40:52   #89-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Lets hope they will be better players brought in,my only concern is what have we got to attract them and wages could once again be a stumbling block
Old 14th May 2017, 21.51:34   #90-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Good luck to FGR in their venture . No sour grapes from me . Club formed in 1889 hope the small following that they have enjoyed the day .

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.25:41.