Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2017, 12.41:13   #10-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

Default Re: Next season's commentary and highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
Thanks for the update and good to know that work is going on behind the scenes to get ready for next season. Maybe a voluntary donate button on the app during live broadcasts for people who want to contribute towards the expenses you have mentioned?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
That's a great idea. Thank you. I'll certainly look in to a donate button going forward.
Old 14th May 2017, 12.51:45   #11-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Thanks Carl for that comprehensive report. I must say I am rather surprised by your comments re donations. My understanding is that the Supporters' Association pays around £500 per quarter for the BT Landline under the Racecourse Hospital Broadcast banner. Further income is donated via the annual Hospital Broadcast Collection , again under the Supporters' Association auspices. Must mention , since you highlighted other groups , that our Former Players Association donated £50 in February this year to this cause. Perhaps I am missing something and the Media team are entirely unconnected to the Hospital Broadcast even though Mark Griffiths is central to both? Perhaps you could explain?
Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your message. The hospital radio service is a WSA led service and not ran by the Media Team (or the club). Mark is involved linking the WSA and the club to provide that service. Essentially although our commentary is used and we helped by conducting the bucket collection that paid in excess of the amount required for the telephone bill, it's not one of our functions.

The Former Players Association did offer to make a donation to the media team and we must follow this up - at the time the offer was made we didn't know how to process it as the offer was made to write a cheque in our names which we didn't feel was appropriate. However the club can now process and hold money on the media team's behalf.
Old 14th May 2017, 13.07:17   #12-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Team View Post
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your message. The hospital radio service is a WSA led service and not ran by the Media Team (or the club). Mark is involved linking the WSA and the club to provide that service. Essentially although our commentary is used and we helped by conducting the bucket collection that paid in excess of the amount required for the telephone bill, it's not one of our functions.

The Former Players Association did offer to make a donation to the media team and we must follow this up - at the time the offer was made we didn't know how to process it as the offer was made to write a cheque in our names which we didn't feel was appropriate. However the club can now process and hold money on the media team's behalf.
Thanks Carl , I think I understand. The Media team and the Hospital Broadcast are unconnected with the former's commentaries being online and via Calon FM. Which begs the question of what the Hospital Broadcast's purpose is and why Carroll Clark and his committee are still paying in excess of £2k per annum?
Old 14th May 2017, 13.29:47   #13-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Thanks Carl , I think I understand. The Media team and the Hospital Broadcast are unconnected with the former's commentaries being online and via Calon FM. Which begs the question of what the Hospital Broadcast's purpose is and why Carroll Clark and his committee are still paying in excess of £2k per annum?
The purpose of the IDSN line the WSA have is to connect the stadium to the hospital radio studio. Once that connection is established we transmitted Wrexham PlayerHD (online feed) to the hospital.

It's existence and how it's paid for is the WSA's responsibility. As mentioned we help them with their bucket collection and all of the media team members get involved with that to show our support.

We are still looking at different solutions of how this will work as we switch over to Calon as the technical set-up will be completely different. If the solution we want to go with works out after testing, it will benefit both the hospital broadcast and the WSA enormously.

Personally, I believe the concept of providing commentary to the hospital is fantastic and has a rich history. Mark is very passionate about supporting it and I hope it continues for many years to come.
Old 14th May 2017, 13.37:31   #14-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The purpose of the IDSN line the WSA have is to connect the stadium to the hospital radio studio. Once that connection is established we transmitted Wrexham PlayerHD (online feed) to the hospital.

It's existence and how it's paid for is the WSA's responsibility. As mentioned we help them with their bucket collection and all of the media team members get involved with that to show our support.

We are still looking at different solutions of how this will work as we switch over to Calon as the technical set-up will be completely different. If the solution we want to go with works out after testing, it will benefit both the hospital broadcast and the WSA enormously.

Personally, I believe the concept of providing commentary to the hospital is fantastic and has a rich history. Mark is very passionate about supporting it and I hope it continues for many years to come.
Thank you again.I'll pass on details of our discussion to Carroll. I know he has tried , on several occasions , to arrange a meeting with Mark.
Old 14th May 2017, 13.54:42   #15-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Thank you again.I'll pass on details of our discussion to Carroll. I know he has tried , on several occasions , to arrange a meeting with Mark.
Mark met with the WSA committee (including Carrol) two weeks ago to discuss the hospital broadcast.

There are unique circumstances in play at the moment as we are switching from PlayerHD, so Mark wasn't able to answer some of their questions without my input.

Hopefully in the next month or so during the testing period with Calon, I'll be able to give Mark and the WSA concise answers rather than speculating on how the two broadcasts will coincide and what will be required to do so.

The hospital radio service has been going out from the Racecourse since 1957 - during that time it's survived more hurdles than the club changing it's digital partners.
Old 14th May 2017, 14.08:31   #16-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Mark met with the WSA committee (including Carrol) two weeks ago to discuss the hospital broadcast.

There are unique circumstances in play at the moment as we are switching from PlayerHD, so Mark wasn't able to answer some of their questions without my input.

Hopefully in the next month or so during the testing period with Calon, I'll be able to give Mark and the WSA concise answers rather than speculating on how the two broadcasts will coincide and what will be required to do so.

The hospital radio service has been going out from the Racecourse since 1957 - during that time it's survived more hurdles than the club changing it's digital partners.
Thank you for that information.I wasn't aware that Carroll had managed to arrange a meeting with Mark. I trust that further discussions will help resolve outstanding issues and that the Association will receive full recognition and credit for its contribution.
Old 14th May 2017, 14.14:13   #17-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Thanks, Carl. I'm glad you've replied. I have asked a few questions or made comments on the Media Team's social media accounts, but I find that Red Passion generally works better for longer discussions. I think it would be very helpful for you to have a presence on RP going forward, even if you keep your existing platforms as your main way of keeping in touch.

As long as you're aware of the problem, I'm confident it will be sorted.

I'm not sure how others feel, but I'd be happy to continue to give what I was paying to Wrexham Player to the Media Team. As an exile, I can't get to many games, and therefore don't spend anywhere near as much as season ticket holders and other regulars. The Media Team deserve to have a little bit of what I save towards their equipment and expenses. I hope you'd be pleasantly surprised by a response to a donate button. (Although I do think most people would prefer to make small monthly amounts, rather than a larger one-off payment.)

Thanks again!
Old 15th May 2017, 08.35:38   #18-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Thank you for that information.I wasn't aware that Carroll had managed to arrange a meeting with Mark. I trust that further discussions will help resolve outstanding issues and that the Association will receive full recognition and credit for its contribution.
Hi Dave, No problem. It's the WSA's service, that's made quite clear I think. There is a full page on the club website all about it, it's clearly marked as so during the bucket collections and on air. Carroll hasn't mentioned any issues to us about not getting recognition.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.48:45.