Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2017, 19.01:45   #131-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @fezbob

Default Re: Carl Darlington SIGNED

Interesting from Elliott Durrell on Darlington: 'Superb appointment in @CarlDarlington for Wrexham just what they need to kick on. Helped massively in his brief stint when I was there!'

Heard an anecdote about one of the players approaching Darlington to thank him after the Stoke FA Cup game. Credited the groundwork he put in for managing to cause a big scare for them.Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by fezbob; 16th May 2017 at 19.03:57..
Old 16th May 2017, 19.07:27   #132-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Interesting from Elliott Durrell on Darlington: 'Superb appointment in @CarlDarlington for Wrexham just what they need to kick on. Helped massively in his brief stint when I was there!'

Heard an anecdote about one of the players approaching Darlington to thank him after the Stoke FA Cup game. Credited the groundwork he put in for managing to cause a big scare for them.Posted via mobile theme
Credit to him there. I always thought he was a bit of a bell, maybe I was wrong.
Old 17th May 2017, 08.55:27   #133-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post

Quite liked his interview with club media team,gave the impression that he was quite keen to stay permanently after Wilkin's departure,and sounds like he's got a genuine passion to see us do well.Two days training a week,and matchdays,might not be that prohibitive,perhaps!,if he does bring a bit of quality to the coaching sessions.
Old 17th May 2017, 10.04:34   #134-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Kop in the old days, ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
Quite liked his interview with club media team,gave the impression that he was quite keen to stay permanently after Wilkin's departure,and sounds like he's got a genuine passion to see us do well.Two days training a week,and matchdays,might not be that prohibitive,perhaps!,if he does bring a bit of quality to the coaching sessions.
I think he'll be planning the other training sessions or giving Keates ideas on what they should work on when he isn't there and then checking up on the players in the other sessions he is there that they are doing what he wants.

Personally I feel it is actually ideal he does 2 days + match days. He can teach Keates and the players but isn't so involved he completely takes over from Deano and cuts him off at the knees. It allows Keates the chance to grow and learn under Darlington's tutelage but not have his authority completely taken away because Darlo is only there part time.

I think it's the only way we can do it without causing disruption in the backroom staff as I feel players would be more inclined to listen to Darlington over the manager if there ever was a dispute just because he commands so much respect.
Old 17th May 2017, 10.17:31   #135-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wopdragon View Post

Personally I feel it is actually ideal he does 2 days + match days. He can teach Keates and the players but isn't so involved he completely takes over from Deano and cuts him off at the knees. It allows Keates the chance to grow and learn under Darlington's tutelage but not have his authority completely taken away because Darlo is only there part time.
If he does 2 days plus matchdays then that's the same as Caskey did anyway. The way DK has set up training is that Monday's are Recovery Sessions anyway. A few players used to do this of their own accord under Mills but its far more structured under DK with the whole squad required to report for 10 and have a 2 hour session in the gym. He seems to pay far more attention to managing the players bodies than previous managers.

They'll then do training on at least 3 of the remaining days of the week so in essence, Darlington will only be missing for one 'tactical/training' session. I imagine he'll be heavily involved in the analysis as well when they discuss stuff back at the Cent after training.
Old 17th May 2017, 10.46:44   #136-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
If he does 2 days plus matchdays then that's the same as Caskey did anyway. The way DK has set up training is that Monday's are Recovery Sessions anyway. A few players used to do this of their own accord under Mills but its far more structured under DK with the whole squad required to report for 10 and have a 2 hour session in the gym. He seems to pay far more attention to managing the players bodies than previous managers.

They'll then do training on at least 3 of the remaining days of the week so in essence, Darlington will only be missing for one 'tactical/training' session. I imagine he'll be heavily involved in the analysis as well when they discuss stuff back at the Cent after training.
A fair summation from you and Wop.

DOn't sound so optimistic though,there are eyes everywhere!.
Old 17th May 2017, 11.40:20   #137-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

Nah that will never work. 1 day in training and the rest down the pub. Worked for Brian Clough when he was at Forest apparently.

Will Darlington be involved with scouting & recruitment or will that not be part of his role?
Old 17th May 2017, 12.19:29   #138-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Nah that will never work. 1 day in training and the rest down the pub. Worked for Brian Clough when he was at Forest apparently.

Will Darlington be involved with scouting & recruitment or will that not be part of his role?
Couple of games of carpet bowls and a pint of mild pregame.
Old 17th May 2017, 13.02:54   #139-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

Recovery sessions under Mills was a day to shake off a hangover.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th May 2017, 13.45:38   #140-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Recovery sessions under Mills was a day to shake off a hangover.
Posted via mobile theme
By the state of James Gray on that Police show it would have took two or three days to shake off properly.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.27:08.