RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Carl Darlington SIGNED (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109733-carl-darlington-signed.html)

kevjones1964 16th May 2017 10.25:31

Re: Carl Darlington SIGNED

[QUOTE=redavid;2027579]One point , Darlington is a well known and respected coach , I bet theres a lot of good players out there , that would love to work with him , So could be an attraction aswell[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same.

pricey 16th May 2017 10.26:16

I hear Ramsey may be leaving Arsenal. Perfect foil to Carrington in midfield.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

spuderz123 16th May 2017 10.34:45

[QUOTE=Legends of '78;2027399]Have I missed why Mido has randomly replied to Darlo arrived?[/QUOTE]
He's signing. Replacement target man for Jordan White

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LWR 16th May 2017 10.35:43

[QUOTE=pricey;2027643]I hear Ramsey may be leaving Arsenal. Perfect foil to Carrington in midfield.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You're joking aren't you?

Carrington in midfield?

podders 16th May 2017 10.49:35

[QUOTE=pricey;2027643]I hear Ramsey may be leaving Arsenal. Perfect foil to Carrington in midfield.

Only 28 goals in 208 appearances, he's not what we need. ;)

Dragonwheels78 16th May 2017 11.50:11

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but how long has Darlo signed for? Is it a rolling contract?

pricey 16th May 2017 11.50:55

[QUOTE=podders;2027661]Only 28 goals in 208 appearances, he's not what we need. ;)

You're right, we need to set our sights much higher.

Hometown Unicorn 16th May 2017 12.04:52

[QUOTE=Dragonwheels78;2027713]Sorry if it's been mentioned, but how long has Darlo signed for? Is it a rolling contract?[/QUOTE]

For life hopefully.

Haruki 16th May 2017 12.50:54

[QUOTE=owain94;2027728]For life hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Can we chain him to 9 acre fence?

WSTfundraising 16th May 2017 14.38:23

Geoff Scott fast off the mark. CD has already been sponsored for the season.

fezbob 16th May 2017 19.01:45

Interesting from Elliott Durrell on Darlington: 'Superb appointment in @CarlDarlington for Wrexham just what they need to kick on. Helped massively in his brief stint when I was there!'

Heard an anecdote about one of the players approaching Darlington to thank him after the Stoke FA Cup game. Credited the groundwork he put in for managing to cause a big scare for them.[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 16th May 2017 19.07:27

[QUOTE=fezbob;2027930]Interesting from Elliott Durrell on Darlington: 'Superb appointment in @CarlDarlington for Wrexham just what they need to kick on. Helped massively in his brief stint when I was there!'

Heard an anecdote about one of the players approaching Darlington to thank him after the Stoke FA Cup game. Credited the groundwork he put in for managing to cause a big scare for them.[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Credit to him there. I always thought he was a bit of a bell, maybe I was wrong.

dlrwrexham 17th May 2017 08.55:27

[QUOTE=fezbob;2027930]Interesting from Elliott Durrell on Darlington: 'Superb appointment in @CarlDarlington for Wrexham just what they need to kick on. Helped massively in his brief stint when I was there!'

Heard an anecdote about one of the players approaching Darlington to thank him after the Stoke FA Cup game. Credited the groundwork he put in for managing to cause a big scare for them.[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Quite liked his interview with club media team,gave the impression that he was quite keen to stay permanently after Wilkin's departure,and sounds like he's got a genuine passion to see us do well.Two days training a week,and matchdays,might not be that prohibitive,perhaps!,if he does bring a bit of quality to the coaching sessions.:)

Wopdragon 17th May 2017 10.04:34

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2028111]Quite liked his interview with club media team,gave the impression that he was quite keen to stay permanently after Wilkin's departure,and sounds like he's got a genuine passion to see us do well.Two days training a week,and matchdays,might not be that prohibitive,perhaps!,if he does bring a bit of quality to the coaching sessions.:)[/QUOTE]

I think he'll be planning the other training sessions or giving Keates ideas on what they should work on when he isn't there and then checking up on the players in the other sessions he is there that they are doing what he wants.

Personally I feel it is actually ideal he does 2 days + match days. He can teach Keates and the players but isn't so involved he completely takes over from Deano and cuts him off at the knees. It allows Keates the chance to grow and learn under Darlington's tutelage but not have his authority completely taken away because Darlo is only there part time.

I think it's the only way we can do it without causing disruption in the backroom staff as I feel players would be more inclined to listen to Darlington over the manager if there ever was a dispute just because he commands so much respect.

Omni 17th May 2017 10.17:31

[QUOTE=Wopdragon;2028141]

Personally I feel it is actually ideal he does 2 days + match days. He can teach Keates and the players but isn't so involved he completely takes over from Deano and cuts him off at the knees. It allows Keates the chance to grow and learn under Darlington's tutelage but not have his authority completely taken away because Darlo is only there part time.
[/QUOTE]

If he does 2 days plus matchdays then that's the same as Caskey did anyway. The way DK has set up training is that Monday's are Recovery Sessions anyway. A few players used to do this of their own accord under Mills but its far more structured under DK with the whole squad required to report for 10 and have a 2 hour session in the gym. He seems to pay far more attention to managing the players bodies than previous managers.

They'll then do training on at least 3 of the remaining days of the week so in essence, Darlington will only be missing for one 'tactical/training' session. I imagine he'll be heavily involved in the analysis as well when they discuss stuff back at the Cent after training.

dlrwrexham 17th May 2017 10.46:44

[QUOTE=Omni;2028144]If he does 2 days plus matchdays then that's the same as Caskey did anyway. The way DK has set up training is that Monday's are Recovery Sessions anyway. A few players used to do this of their own accord under Mills but its far more structured under DK with the whole squad required to report for 10 and have a 2 hour session in the gym. He seems to pay far more attention to managing the players bodies than previous managers.

They'll then do training on at least 3 of the remaining days of the week so in essence, Darlington will only be missing for one 'tactical/training' session. I imagine he'll be heavily involved in the analysis as well when they discuss stuff back at the Cent after training.[/QUOTE]

A fair summation from you and Wop.:)

DOn't sound so optimistic though,there are eyes everywhere!.:hide:

NottsRed 17th May 2017 11.40:20

[QUOTE=Omni;2028144]If he does 2 days plus matchdays then that's the same as Caskey did anyway. The way DK has set up training is that Monday's are Recovery Sessions anyway. A few players used to do this of their own accord under Mills but its far more structured under DK with the whole squad required to report for 10 and have a 2 hour session in the gym. He seems to pay far more attention to managing the players bodies than previous managers.

They'll then do training on at least 3 of the remaining days of the week so in essence, Darlington will only be missing for one 'tactical/training' session. I imagine he'll be heavily involved in the analysis as well when they discuss stuff back at the Cent after training.[/QUOTE]

Nah that will never work. 1 day in training and the rest down the pub. Worked for Brian Clough when he was at Forest apparently.

Will Darlington be involved with scouting & recruitment or will that not be part of his role?

EnglishRed 17th May 2017 12.19:29

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2028172]Nah that will never work. 1 day in training and the rest down the pub. Worked for Brian Clough when he was at Forest apparently.

Will Darlington be involved with scouting & recruitment or will that not be part of his role?[/QUOTE]

Couple of games of carpet bowls and a pint of mild pregame.

John Neals Dynasty 17th May 2017 13.02:54

Recovery sessions under Mills was a day to shake off a hangover.

NottsRed 17th May 2017 13.45:38

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2028188]Recovery sessions under Mills was a day to shake off a hangover.

By the state of James Gray on that Police show it would have took two or three days to shake off properly.

John Neals Dynasty 17th May 2017 13.58:53

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2028194]By the state of James Gray on that Police show it would have took two or three days to shake off properly.[/QUOTE]

😂 true but Mills would of played him after a day.

Corner Flag 17th May 2017 14.09:01

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2028198]😂 true but Mills would of played him after a day.

Plus made him captain :jester:

pricey 17th May 2017 15.11:58

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2028194]By the state of James Gray on that Police show it would have took two or three days to shake off properly.[/QUOTE]

The bit about that I still can't get my head around, disregarding the fact that he could have killed someone: what the flip did they actually do in training? Just sit round having cans? What would he have done when he'd got there? Absolutely nuts.

SteveWAFC 17th May 2017 15.21:21

[QUOTE=pricey;2028217]The bit about that I still can't get my head around, disregarding the fact that he could have killed someone: what the flip did they actually do in training? Just sit round having cans? What would he have done when he'd got there? Absolutely nuts.

He came from a party didn't he? It's entirely his own fault and that's why he's been a wasted talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corner Flag 17th May 2017 16.08:49

[QUOTE=pricey;2028217]The bit about that I still can't get my head around, disregarding the fact that he could have killed someone: [B]what the flip did they actually do in training? Just sit round having cans? [/B]What would he have done when he'd got there? Absolutely nuts.

Under Mills leadership that probably sums up what went on !

noisy1 18th May 2017 06.13:03

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2028198]😂 true but Mills would of played him after a day.

Course he would, he is better than Loius Moult. :crampe:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.48:21.