Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2017, 14.59:42   #91-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
What are the WST aims?

Not a mission statement as such from the FC but the aims of the WST.

Maybe an updated joint one would be possible.
The stated aims of the football club and the WST are to attain league status at the earliest possible opportunity.
The appointment of Keates and the award of a long contract are the basis for the rejuvenation of the football club.
Keates has started to put the foundations in on the football side of things, we will have to wait and see how he builds on that but the development of our own players is fairly high on his own list of priorities.
The WST are supporting the FC in every way they can. A membership 'E' Mail shot has been sent out to target the lapsed members and the issue of new cards is in hand.
None of the above is new. The club AGM alluded to all the above.
The WST AGM will I'm sure reveal more.
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.00:32   #92-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
How about growing the membership base and initiatives on this.

Are all ST holders WST members - does anyone even know?

How are we dealing with lapsed members and how do we 're-patriate' them?

questions, questions.
I agree that this is definitely something that would benefit from some attention.

It would be good to have a dedicated board member - perhaps co-opted - responsible for this.

We need to make club membership more compelling, even for those who do not attend games regularly - by looking at increasing the benefits and the reasons for being part of the club.
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.01:48   #93-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
How about growing the membership base and initiatives on this.

Are all ST holders WST members - does anyone even know?

How are we dealing with lapsed members and how do we 're-patriate' them?

questions, questions.
I would imagine almost all ST holders are members, to save £30 on the ST even if it costs a minimum of £12 last year and I beieve £15 this year, so not much to target there. The area to target is the non-ST holders and the casuals, we have about 3,000 members but first game last season we had a 5,800 gate so even a conservative estimate is we have 3, 000 - 4,000 supporters who are not members. An iniative to get those signed up would generate a significant sum for the annual budget, even if they only pay the £15 minimum without the other spin offs i. e. email contact for adverts and selling raffle tickets etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.02:13   #94-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
LA REDS's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: ERS EX MOLD ROAD
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Year 1 play offs
Year 2 promotion
Year 3 league 2 mid table


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.29:12   #95-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I would imagine almost all ST holders are members, to save £30 on the ST even if it costs a minimum of £12 last year and I beieve £15 this year, so not much to target there. The area to target is the non-ST holders and the casuals, we have about 3,000 members but first game last season we had a 5,800 gate so even a conservative estimate is we have 3, 000 - 4,000 supporters who are not members. An iniative to get those signed up would generate a significant sum for the annual budget, even if they only pay the £15 minimum without the other spin offs i. e. email contact for adverts and selling raffle tickets etc.
This really is an area that needs drastic action and attention. I think quite a few people have asked about this (me included) and the stock answer is that we are doing something yet nothing happens.

QR alludes to emails to lapsed members - really well I haven't seen one and we need to be more pro-active in this area.

Its a job much bigger that 1 person and requires a sub-committee all of its own to really push this and get us to the 5,000 mark. That should be a target set by the WST and be measured.
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.30:24   #96-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: I stood at the Maesgwyn rd. end
Real Name: robert boyle
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

As supporters we all want 'the one thing that has alluded us' promotion.
Off the field I would like to think the WST could look inwardly, and say can we all do anything better. Can we improve our customers overall match day experience. On food, on service, on anything that will draw new customers and keep the ones that support week in and week out.I am not saying WST are not doing a fine job, but if you look to improve food sales increased drink sales increased match day program sales etc. it will all help the club. With the right ideas going forward we can take the club in the right direction.
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.32:43   #97-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @no thanks





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I think in all fairness the patience and support shown 2nd half of last season was nothing short of brilliant.

Fans can vent it on here about players being poor etc. but fans still turned up for the club the next game.
Very true, considering what we have had to endure over the past 3 or 4 seasons, we have amazing fans. From turning up in numbers to supporting BTB they cannot be faulted.

My point is that once again we have a complete rebuild of the team. Dean has his targets in mind but of those he will fail to get some and of those he does manage to bring into the building, some of them will fail to meet expectations.
There is a hell of a lot to improve on but as long as progress is made and he can retain our better players to build on for following seasons then I will not be venting my spleen if we only manage a top ten finish.
Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15.33:09   #98-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
This really is an area that needs drastic action and attention. I think quite a few people have asked about this (me included) and the stock answer is that we are doing something yet nothing happens.

QR alludes to emails to lapsed members - really well I haven't seen one and we need to be more pro-active in this area.

Its a job much bigger that 1 person and requires a sub-committee all of its own to really push this and get us to the 5,000 mark. That should be a target set by the WST and be measured.
This is my point
Plan it, make people accountable, explain how we get there, what success looks like, etc etc
__________________
COYR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.40:57.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12